OT - ARGH!!! New Car - Ford Freestar :-(

Old October 30th 03, 03:05 AM
TwinMom

Default OT - ARGH!!! New Car - Ford Freestar :-(

I just have to vent here. I'm sooooo disappointed!!! After waiting 8 years
for a new car, we finally decided on the Ford Freestar - it replaces the
Windstar. We had a '96 Windstar that we bought before the boys were born. (I
had to get rid of my Honda CRX-Si 'cause, carrying twins, I just could not
get my 5 month belly into or out of that little hot rod!) Anyway, we chose
the Freestar MONTHS ago for safety reasons - air bag canopy, side air bags,
power side doors, yada yada... So, the car comes in last Wednesday and we
bring it home. Not good. In looking over the car, we found "goobers" in the
paint, first there was one at the dealership, then we thought we found about
10 more while we were cleaning the windows. We finally marked and numbered
them all - 22!!! - plus more that they found at the dealership!! That
doesn't even include the inside ones and the ones about the front door
windows. I'm so bummed!! After waiting all this time for a new car, to get
one with a bungled paint job - we're just heartbroken. The dealership is
"looking into" a remedy, and we're in contact with Ford directly, but DH has
already told them that re-painting, especially spot painting, so many spots
is just NOT an option on a brand new car - we keep our cars for a long time
and I want that paint to last. I mean, it had 11 miles on it when we picked
it up. Here I thought I'd be proudly tooling around in our new wheels, and
I'm sheepishly keeping it hidden in the driveway with all of the "debris"
circles all over the surface. I'll keep ya'll posted - hopefully the
dealership will replace this beasty - it's the first year for the new
model - and the quality here really concerns me. Anyway, thanks for
listening.
Lorraine in Los Alamos

Old October 30th 03, 03:44 AM
Jalynne

oh i'm so sorry to hear that. I"ve never heard of that happening. We have an '02
Windstar, and we love it. I'm sure that once you get the paint issue resolved,
you'll totally love your new car!
Hugs and good luck
--
Jalynne

.. .

Old October 30th 03, 03:50 AM
Sherry Starr

I think the dealer will work with you. Our Explorer suddenly developed
bubbles on the hood when it was only about 8 months old. The dealer sent us
to an excellent paint and body shop, and they repainted the hood. That was
11 years ago, and it still looks like it was brand new. I feel confident
that it will work out for you. It might take a little while, but I bet the
dealer will fix it for you.
Sherry Starr
.. .

Old October 30th 03, 06:09 AM
Neeej

we finally decided on the Ford Freestar - it replaces the
Windstar. We had a '96 Windstar

My Aerostar has his 16th 'birthday' coming up in a couple of weeks, and still
going strong---may he last forever GG I drove a Wimpstar rentmobile last
year---'twas ok, but I like the roominess of the Aero a lot better.
-- Jean S
Old October 30th 03, 06:21 AM
kjbs

This is amazing! My family has had atleast 15 Fords in the
last 20 years, most of them Escorts or Focus or something
else bottom-of-the-line and they have all had excellent
paint jobs. I'm sure that Ford will remedy this
situation--either repaint or replace. I'm surprised it made
it to the dealer with that many obvious problems. It makes
me wonder what happened after it left the factory--very
weird indeed.

Kelly

.. .

Old October 30th 03, 06:56 AM
Christina in Ok

sorry to hear about the new car..
I sure hope they fix it for you.. or better yet give you a new one.
.. .

Old October 30th 03, 07:28 AM
melinda

TwinMom wrote:
[...]

One thing I will never do is buy a car of a first model release, it's a
little like buying Micro$oft software. Sorry about the paint job on the
new car though.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old October 30th 03, 01:14 PM
Taria

I've learned that some dealers are ok other are not.
Local ford dealer to me was 1 mile. They were
awful. Found that driving 30 miles each way to
the next dealer was more efficient : (
I will probably go back to Toyato next car.
Taria

Polly Esther wrote:

I believe the Ford people will satisfy you too. They have been great to us.
Polly

"Sherry Starr" wrote in message
I think the dealer will work with you. Our Explorer suddenly developed
bubbles on the hood when it was only about 8 months old. The dealer sent

us
to an excellent paint and body shop, and they repainted the hood. That

was
11 years ago, and it still looks like it was brand new. I feel confident
that it will work out for you. It might take a little while, but I bet

the
dealer will fix it for you.
Sherry Starr
"TwinMom" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Vent: Borders, ARGH!!! Caryn Needlework 8 June 12th 04 05:11 PM
ARGH! meijhana Beads 10 February 8th 04 04:01 AM
ARGH! I hate it when . . . Kandice Seeber Beads 0 September 1st 03 10:29 PM
ARGH! KDK Beads 4 August 31st 03 12:14 AM