I'm not vegetarian, but.....

Old February 23rd 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default I'm not vegetarian, but.....

I was just looking around the rec.food.recipes newsgroup and someone had
posted the following recipe, so I thought I would share. ;o)

Enjoy!
Gemini
--
Easy Meatless Lasagna

You won't miss the meat with this easy, three-cheesy pasta dish.

2 cups ricotta cheese or small curd creamed cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
2 jars (28 ounces each) tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Additional shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired

Heat oven to 350 F. Mix ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the
parsley and oregano. Spread 2 cups of the pasta sauce in ungreased
rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches; top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread
ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. Spread with 2 cups pasta sauce and
top with 4 noodles; repeat with 2 cups pasta sauce and 4 noodles.
Sprinkle with 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Spread with remaining pasta
sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
Sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese. Let stand 15 minutes before
cutting.

Tips from the Kitchen

Complete this meal with your favorite tossed salad and crusty Italian
bread.
from www.bettycrocker.com

Old February 24th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

MRH wrote:
[...]

Hi all,
I've had this it is good, my1dd made it for us a few years back. her and
her husband(the one with the new baby) are vegetarians, but they eat
fish, have been for years, I call them the "2006 Hippies" but most of
what they do is for good, but they try to push it too much some times.
they recycle everything they can, are veg. natural childbirth, cloth
diapers, breast feeding (all good there) . They want to work on a farm
to help make fuel from "natural sources".
I on the other hand need to just eat anything but junk food... went to
Dr. today for dizzy spells, he says may be derideation(spell) low iron
levels,and /or thyroid problems, waiting for blood results to come back.
hate to cook, and love fastfood,sodas and sweets.
any quick and easy recipes are welcome, any one come cook for me are
welcome too :).did I say I was lazy too!!!
Jenny.
Old February 24th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article ,
jheller wrote:
sni
I on the other hand need to just eat anything but junk food... went
to Dr. today for dizzy spells, he says may be derideation(spell)

Probably "dehydration" - not drinking enough water, or maybe eating
too much salt by comparison with water. Not enough water intake
can create a low blood pressure effect, or you might actually have
low blood pressure anyway. Either way, not enough oxygen gets to
the brain.

low iron levels, and /or thyroid problems

Low iron and not breathing deeply enough can lead to not enough oxygen,
too. (I am not medically trained in any way; this is just what I've
noticed in my own case, having chronically low iron, low thyroid,
and low blood pressure.)

waiting for blood results to come back.
hate to cook, and love fast food, sodas and sweets.

In moderation they aren't bad, but I find that I have to work at it
to be sure I eat even a minimum of vegetables. It makes a big difference
in how well I feel and how the body works, though, so it's worth the effort.

I wish I knew of an exercise program that would let me knit while I do it.
:-)

=Tamar
Old February 24th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Sounds delicious! Now if I can get somebody to make it
for me. LOL ...

No, seriously .. maybe I'll attempt it soon ....

Dee

Old February 24th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

LOL Jenny ... you sound like me, but mine is not by choice .. I have very
little energy, due to illness and med effects. :-)

But yeah .. I need quick and easy solutions too.

I'll never be dehydrated ... I swim around most days .. LOL .. I bought the
filtered pitcher .. can't remember the name now .. and since I started to
drink water, I crave it. Seems the less you drink, the less you want .. the
more you drink .. the more you want.

OH yeah .... and you won't believe this, but I nursed my youngest son (he's
25 now) until he was "3" ... yes .. read it again ... THREE years old!!!

I was in the La Leche group .. and that's why ... but he's a big strapping
man now ... all handsome and all .. so maybe mom's milk did SOMETHING good.
*wink*

Nice to meet you!

Dee

Old February 24th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

You're welcome, Marilyn. )

Okay... this is one of those "Have I welcomed you to the RCTY family?"
moments again. I am going to have to really start paying close attention so
I will remember. Yeah, like that's going to happen. LOL In any case, if
I haven't welcomed you before... WELCOME.... if I have, ignore this and
chalk it up to another blonde moment. LOL

Gemini

Old February 24th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

*grin* You sound like me... I am not wild about cooking, and would be
exceedingly happy if someone else did it... even if I know how. I hate the
preparation of meals, it takes sooo long. Besides, also like you, I have
that rotten CFS that makes me just not feel up to doing much of anything for
long periods of time. When I do get a burst of energy, I try to do as much
as I can to make up for what I didn't do before... but then I pay later the
same night in pain with the Fibromyalgia screaming at me. Can't win for
losing! ;o)

Gemini

Old February 26th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thanks for the welcome Gemini. I am mostly a lurker that pops up
occasionally when I can answer a question. Which isn't often. But I am
learning from everyone on the group and hopefully I won't feel too much of a
beginner for too much longer.