TW's "Noah's Ark"

Old February 13th 04, 05:48 AM
Miss Grunge

Default TW's "Noah's Ark"

Hi,
I've got a copy of this to swap. Email me direct if you're interested.
Cheers,
Miss Grunge.

missgrungeYOURWIG @hotmail.com Remove your wig to reply

Old February 13th 04, 11:42 AM
Caryn

Hi,
I've got a copy of this to swap. Email me direct if you're interested.
Cheers,
Miss Grunge.

Can we hope that you used the word "copy" by accident, and meant that you have
the original chart which you wish to trade for another original chart owned by
someone else?

Obviously, trading copies instead of original charts would be wrong, right?

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old February 13th 04, 12:10 PM
Miss Grunge

Caryn,
If I offered you my 'copy' of the Bible, wouldn't you assume I meant a
published book?? Puhlease. Are you interested in my second-hand, printed
and published copy of the original chart drawn and created by Teresa
Wenzler, or do you just fancy yourself as the Needlepoint Nazi?
Miss G.

Old February 13th 04, 08:40 PM
Caryn

Caryn,
If I offered you my 'copy' of the Bible, wouldn't you assume I meant a
published book?? Puhlease. Are you interested in my second-hand, printed
and published copy of the original chart drawn and created by Teresa
Wenzler, or do you just fancy yourself as the Needlepoint Nazi?
Miss G.

I asked nicely, wanting to give you the opportunity to clarify the word copy.
Because I am aware that sometimes asking for "a copy" can get you several angry
posts and emails.

I sent this to both here and email simultaneously, because your original post
requested people email you, and I wanted to be sure you saw it in one place or
the other.

You were much more pleasant in your reply to me in email. Which doesn't speak
very well of the impression you wish to make here in public.
Calling me a Needlepoint Nazi certainly reflects more poorly on you than it
does on me.

Caryn (see my original post below)

Old February 14th 04, 03:18 AM

Caryn you did right... don't let those "name caller" get to you. Some
people just don't know "nice" and courtesy if it were to hit them in the
face. I think we all need to be a little bit aware of how we word things on
this or any other group... I, for one, think you approaced the subject
quite rightly... Wonder why such a nasty reply was returned? I guess some
people just have to "get a life"

Marc

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265

Old February 14th 04, 06:17 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Marc!
I really am not a part on this debate , but i do wonder, everytime any
one here writes to another Mature grown up person, whose life
circumstbnaces are not known , or only partly known to the
writer,,,this phrase " Get a life " . Do you consider that NICE ?
could you explain to me why after you write so rightly [ and i do
compliment you on this]
I think we all need to be a little bit aware of how we word things on
this or any other group...

why do you than add this .....
? I guess somepeople just have to "get a life"
Marc

and thus doing the opposite of what yourself just wrote.
mirjam

Old February 14th 04, 01:16 PM
Pat P

No need to take offence like that, Miss G. We hardly know you and there are
far too many people selling/swapping photocopies - we`re all just a bit
cautious. Caryn couldn`t have put it more politely than she did.

When we see the word "copy" it makes most of us cringe a bit! My reactions
were much like Caryn`s! ;-))

Pat P

Old February 14th 04, 02:59 PM
Caryn

Caryn you did right... don't let those "name caller" get to you.

I was astounded!

The oddest thing was that I'd sent the same thing to her email, as well as to
the group, and her email reply was polite!

It's a very strange world! ROFL

Old February 15th 04, 07:12 AM
Leigh Harris

Another point of view here...

Miss Grunge has actually been around for a long time, but maybe she hasn't
posted much (like myself). I think she is a fellow Aussie. If so, it could
be a regional usage of the term "copy", because I knew exactly what she
meant and felt Caryn's reply was a little reactionary.

So, let's all forget about it and put it down to the wonderful vagaries of
this strange language that we all claim to have in common, but don't really.
:-)

--
Leigh
Perth, Western Australia

"Pat P" wrote

"Caryn" wrote in message
Hi,
I've got a copy of this to swap. Email me direct if you're

interested.
Cheers,
Miss Grunge.

Can we hope that you used the word "copy" by accident, and meant that

you
have
the original chart which you wish to trade for another original chart

owned by
someone else?

Obviously, trading copies instead of original charts would be wrong,

right?

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's

UFO's)

ebay: Noah's Ark Nursery in PC-Annie's Attic marilyn safier Marketplace 0 November 28th 04 03:13 PM
Noah's Sub Julie in Hondo Needlework 0 November 20th 03 07:45 PM
Noah's Sub!!! RadioStmpr Needlework 1 October 28th 03 03:33 PM