Congrats Tillerman Beads!

Old November 28th 05, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default Congrats Tillerman Beads!

Mike's beads are featured in Beadwork's The Challenge column in the
Dec/Jan issue!

Congrats!

Also, local (to me) beadmaker Fae Mellichamp is featured in this issue, too.

--
-------
Barbara

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!
Old November 28th 05, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Wow! That's fantastic!
Congrats Su and Mike!
I'm going to have to pick up a copy..... =o)

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"

Old November 28th 05, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

*blushing*

Thanks, Barbara!

We're really thrilled about the whole thing. We've been working like
mad at craft fairs and haven't been home much but we did see the copy
they sent us and the first thing Mike did was laminate the Challenge
page.

It was such a boost to him.

-Su

http://www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
http://www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old November 28th 05, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Thanks, Dawn! Mike was really pleased about the challenge and being
featured. It was so exciting to see it in print.

-Su

Old November 29th 05, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Hey, I saw that and did not put 2 and 2 together that it was you guys
(perhaps I didn't pay that close of attention, ) However, I did not that
they were lampwork beads that the projects they did were way cool this time.

Did you approch them with a challenge or did they approch you? How does that
work? I have often wondered.

Lara

--

Check out my eBay auctions: http://snipurl.com/8fa3
Check out my Justbeads.com auctions: http://snipurl.com/jr6c
oups.com...

Old November 29th 05, 11:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Lara, it was half-and-half. I'd been talking to them about our adverts
promoting British Lampwork and wanting to promote more British artists
and they suggested submitting a proposal to their Challenge people.
It's not impossible to be in a Challenge, but the hard part is waiting
to hear and then waiting to SEE the final result.

I had a great time putting together the items to challenge the three
participants, we tried to include some uniquely British things such as
the Victorian jet beads and of course Mike's beads.

Drop them an email and see what happens!

-Su

Old November 29th 05, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I had a great time putting together the items to challenge the three
participants, we tried to include some uniquely British things such as
the Victorian jet beads and of course Mike's beads.
.................................................. ....................................

I didn't realize that you put all the beads together for the challenge,
cool! Mike's beads are wonderful

Old November 29th 05, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Thanks, Stephanie. That's the fun part of the challenge, I provided
the accents to go with the main beads.

We're waiting till Thursday for the keys to our new studio space in a
renovated cotton mill here in Todmorden. Once we get moved in Mike can
start making beads again as the studio is simply too cold to work in
during the winter. We're both really excited about that as there's
probably almost as much floor space in the studio as in our whole boat
which means a lot even if it is only 12x20'

We'll have a place to photograph beads which will be so handy as
there's no place here in the boat to conveniently take pics.

Thanks to everyone who has been so positive about Mike's work.

-Su

Old November 29th 05, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Is your new studio far from the boat?
Just being nosey.
Shirley

In message .com, Su
writes
Thanks, Stephanie. That's the fun part of the challenge, I provided
the accents to go with the main beads.

We're waiting till Thursday for the keys to our new studio space in a
renovated cotton mill here in Todmorden. Once we get moved in Mike can
start making beads again as the studio is simply too cold to work in
during the winter. We're both really excited about that as there's
probably almost as much floor space in the studio as in our whole boat
which means a lot even if it is only 12x20'

We'll have a place to photograph beads which will be so handy as
there's no place here in the boat to conveniently take pics.

Thanks to everyone who has been so positive about Mike's work.

-Su

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old November 29th 05, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Hi, Shirley,

It's just down the road, probably a mile from one door to the other.
Come on up when the weather's more kind and have a look around! We're
always open to friends.

-Su