I'm alive - Update (with bead content)

Old December 11th 04, 10:07 PM
Kathy N-V

Default I'm alive - Update (with bead content)

I'm alive, although I'm way, way behind in reading RCB. I keep
wanting to respond to messages, but things are so busy that I end up
clearing out the whole group and starting again. You guys are a very
talkative bunch. (understatement of the week)

Bead content: I've been beading my fingers off this week, because I
can! Yes, that is wonderful news - Between the medications, the
strange combination of cushions I have supporting my arms, and
learning to do things backward (I am mostly a lefty, and I'm
retraining myself to bead right handed), I am actually getting things
done! Whoo-hoo!

I must, must, must get some assistance from Bob and Manda in setting
up a table with lights shining on it so I can take photos. I've
think I've invented a few new designs, and I want to share them. One
way cool one is with the blink watch faces that I got with Barbara
F-L. I am using double strands of Stretch magic (so I needn't worry
about knowing people's exact wrist measurements), looped wire, "S"
crystals and silver spacers. Sounds bizarre, but it looks really
neat - the combination of the "fussiness" of the crystals and silver
with the more modern angular look of the Blink watch faces is both
startling and pleasing.

One one more doctor's appointment this year! (and I know this guy -
he loves being with his family so much that he's going to reschedule
the appointment, because it's during school vacation) I am
absolutely amazed at how differently one is treated when there is a
diagnosis of "spinal cord injury" compared to one of "serious back
pain of unknown origin." Yeah, the osteoporosis and nerve damage has
always been known, but it was never considered to be the main cause
of my pain.

Now, the docs look at that MRI and freak out. They fall all over
themselves trying to get me services and so forth, to the point that
they're ****ing me off. I don't want services, I don't need
services! All I wanted was pain relief (which I have, although we're
still titrating the dose, which will take months), and a plan to get
me a little stronger. I start PT again after the new year, and it's
going to be some funky PT for people with injuries that aren't
expected to get better , not the same program as before - for people
with sprains and strains. It will be the same guys I adored though,
which makes me happy.

My darling turned fifteen yesterday, which both thrills and terrifies
me. She was a baby only about an hour ago, and now she's like all
grown up and almost ready to leave th nest. It's so wonderful to see
the amazing woman she's becoming, and I'm prouder of her every day.
If it makes any sense, I don't just love Manda, but I like her, too.
She's just a very fun person to be with, and a neat person just to
talk to. Her opinions are often very different than mine, but her
heart is always so good and kind.

Happily, business is picking up a little for Bob, which makes him
feel a lot better. December is going to turn out to be his worst
month of the year, businesswise, but he's okay with it. We planned
for it (because last December was pretty bad, too), so it's not as
bad as it could have been.

I'm starting to get tired, so I'll sign off here. I'm going to lie
down, and I'll come back later. Maybe I'll actually get a few
messages read this time. ;-)

Kathy N-V

Old December 12th 04, 12:40 AM
Cheri2Star

Kathy,
It does my heart good to hear you sound so positive! Rest up, hon, and take
care of yourself.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi
Old December 12th 04, 01:29 AM
Georgia

So glad things are getting better.

Manda--you surely are blessed. And I probably shouldn't tell you this,
but the best is yet to come. Before long, YOU will be learning things from
HER!

Georgia

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...

snip

Old December 12th 04, 01:43 PM
Beadbimbo

Kathy,

Happy Belated to Manda! I'm so happy to hear that you sound like you're
feeling better and doing lots of beading!! Can't wait to see pictures!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old December 12th 04, 03:42 PM
Kandice Seeber

Happy Birthday to Manda!
I hope you feel better soon.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old December 12th 04, 03:55 PM
Sjpolyclay

Kathy, I'm so glad you are alive and on the path to pain relief. You ARE gonna
get to feeling better. And I know it may sound weird to some folks out there,
but I am SO VERY GLAD that its spinal cord damage and NOT anything thats
severly progressive.

hugs, but not tight ones,
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old December 15th 04, 11:49 AM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:07:46 -0500, Kathy N-V
wrote:

Bead content: I've been beading my fingers off this week, because I
can! Yes, that is wonderful news - Between the medications, the
strange combination of cushions I have supporting my arms, and
learning to do things backward (I am mostly a lefty, and I'm
retraining myself to bead right handed), I am actually getting things
done! Whoo-hoo!

I'm so glad that things are going so much better for you now.

--
Heather