A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Yarn
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 21st 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 181
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Hey, I'm travelling tfor the holidays, and bringing 2 gloves and a hat to
work on in airports and on planes. (You can take knitting needles on planes
now.)

Georgia

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
...
Yesterday i traveled with my son , to BeerSheva Univ. where professor
/artist Haim Maor `opened` his new book, It was quite a party , and i
was happy my son who translated some of the articles, was thanked
publicly.
On the train [ 2 hours each way] ... Knitting was having a party ,,, 7
knitters [ not including me ] on the way there , and 6 on the way back
,, and those where sitting near me ,, i didn`t go looking in the other
parts of the train,,,,,
IT IS BACK knitting in public HURRRAY
mirjam



Ads
  #2  
Old November 21st 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Arlene
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

It depends on where you are going. I would check with the airlines you
are going to travel with. Usually, in the US you can take knitting
needles, but I would take either bamboo, wood, or plastic.

It you are traveling Internationally, DO NOT take knitting needles.
I got around that by taking two pencils. It worked!! Make sure the wood
is smooth by sanding down any rough edges, and use dark yarn since the
lead from the pencils might come off on the yarn.

Arlene






Georgia wrote:
Hey, I'm travelling tfor the holidays, and bringing 2 gloves and a hat to
work on in airports and on planes. (You can take knitting needles on planes
now.)

Georgia

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
...
Yesterday i traveled with my son , to BeerSheva Univ. where professor
/artist Haim Maor `opened` his new book, It was quite a party , and i
was happy my son who translated some of the articles, was thanked
publicly.
On the train [ 2 hours each way] ... Knitting was having a party ,,, 7
knitters [ not including me ] on the way there , and 6 on the way back
,, and those where sitting near me ,, i didn`t go looking in the other
parts of the train,,,,,
IT IS BACK knitting in public HURRRAY
mirjam



  #3  
Old November 21st 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 606
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Yesterday i traveled with my son , to BeerSheva Univ. where professor
/artist Haim Maor `opened` his new book, It was quite a party , and i
was happy my son who translated some of the articles, was thanked
publicly.
On the train [ 2 hours each way] ... Knitting was having a party ,,, 7
knitters [ not including me ] on the way there , and 6 on the way back
,, and those where sitting near me ,, i didn`t go looking in the other
parts of the train,,,,,
IT IS BACK knitting in public HURRRAY
mirjam

Mirjam,
I knit and crochet at the doctors office often.

The men really give me some crazy looks, it does on bother me. Once and
a while I will wink and smile at them, Gail gets mad when I do that but
the men look the other way

I have seen it many times here in the Rockford and Chicago, Illinois
area. We have many groups in the suburban area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
  #4  
Old November 21st 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
R. Bledsoe
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG


"Spike Driver" wrote in message
...

I knit and crochet at the doctors office often.

The men really give me some crazy looks, it does on bother me. Once and a
while I will wink and smile at them, Gail gets mad when I do that but the
men look the other way

I wasn't aware that knitting or crocheting in public was problematic these
days. When I was a kid - a l-o-o-ong time ago - it was so common. I can even
remember seeing a woman tatting as she walked down the street. A real feat.
However I recall knitting while waiting in a dentist's office recently and
two little girls watched me with fascination as if they had never seen the
process before. I believe they never had. Of course handiwork was once more
of a necessity than a hobby as it is these days.

Rita


  #5  
Old November 21st 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 606
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Rita,

If I was not a man I don't believe I would get such stares. It does not
bother me. If I have something small to finish I take it with me.
Before became ill and quit driving I would sit and knit once in a while.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail


R. Bledsoe wrote:
"Spike Driver" wrote in message
...

I knit and crochet at the doctors office often.

The men really give me some crazy looks, it does on bother me. Once and a
while I will wink and smile at them, Gail gets mad when I do that but the
men look the other way

I wasn't aware that knitting or crocheting in public was problematic these
days. When I was a kid - a l-o-o-ong time ago - it was so common. I can even
remember seeing a woman tatting as she walked down the street. A real feat.
However I recall knitting while waiting in a dentist's office recently and
two little girls watched me with fascination as if they had never seen the
process before. I believe they never had. Of course handiwork was once more
of a necessity than a hobby as it is these days.

Rita


  #6  
Old November 21st 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 151
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Spike Driver wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Yesterday i traveled with my son , to BeerSheva Univ. where professor
/artist Haim Maor `opened` his new book, It was quite a party , and i
was happy my son who translated some of the articles, was thanked
publicly. On the train [ 2 hours each way] ... Knitting was having a
party ,,, 7
knitters [ not including me ] on the way there , and 6 on the way back
,, and those where sitting near me ,, i didn`t go looking in the other
parts of the train,,,,, IT IS BACK knitting in public HURRRAY mirjam


Mirjam,
I knit and crochet at the doctors office often.

The men really give me some crazy looks, it does on bother me. Once and
a while I will wink and smile at them, Gail gets mad when I do that but
the men look the other way

I have seen it many times here in the Rockford and Chicago, Illinois
area. We have many groups in the suburban area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail


The idea of you winking at the men while you knit made me smile Good
for you for not letting it bother you enough to make you stop!

BB
  #7  
Old November 21st 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
R. Bledsoe
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG


"Spike Driver" wrote in message
...
Rita,

If I was not a man I don't believe I would get such stares. It does not
bother me. If I have something small to finish I take it with me. Before
became ill and quit driving I would sit and knit once in a while.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail


Ah - now I understand. Well historically you have a of company. Centuries
ago after knitting was introduced into Europe, men were the knitters and
their wives, the spinners. Examples of their work that exist are quite
beautiful Happy knitting!

Rita



  #8  
Old November 21st 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 181
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Here, for men, knitting is supposed to be a chick magnet...

Georgia

"R. Bledsoe" wrote in message
...

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
...
Rita,

If I was not a man I don't believe I would get such stares. It does not
bother me. If I have something small to finish I take it with me.

Before
became ill and quit driving I would sit and knit once in a while.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail


Ah - now I understand. Well historically you have a of company.

Centuries
ago after knitting was introduced into Europe, men were the knitters and
their wives, the spinners. Examples of their work that exist are quite
beautiful Happy knitting!

Rita





  #9  
Old November 21st 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 117
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Yesterday i traveled with my son , to BeerSheva Univ. where professor
/artist Haim Maor `opened` his new book, It was quite a party , and i
was happy my son who translated some of the articles, was thanked
publicly.
On the train [ 2 hours each way] ... Knitting was having a party ,,, 7
knitters [ not including me ] on the way there , and 6 on the way back
,, and those where sitting near me ,, i didn`t go looking in the other
parts of the train,,,,,
IT IS BACK knitting in public HURRRAY
mirjam


That is cool.....I am riding in a car to Lake Cumberland Kentucky for a 5
day holiday and plan to knit blanket squares for charity...a little mindless
knitting and plan to also take extra needles and yarn in the hopes I can get
my youngest Niece interested. My other Niece that already knits wants to
learn how to make hats in the round.

I get headaches if I read in the car so hope I will be able to knit.

Take Care and Bee WellG

Donna


  #10  
Old November 22nd 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
cozyhomelife
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 47
Default FINNALY KNitting is back in BIG

on winking and smiling at the men, one day that may work out differently
than you thought! Don't do that if you are not with Gail!

--
-Cozy
http://blogs.delphiforums.com/n/blog...g=cozy_at_home
My Crochet Forum:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/crochetplus/start
Happiness doesn't come from having things, it comes from *having things you
can find*


"Spike Driver" wrote in message
...
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Yesterday i traveled with my son , to BeerSheva Univ. where professor
/artist Haim Maor `opened` his new book, It was quite a party , and i
was happy my son who translated some of the articles, was thanked
publicly.
On the train [ 2 hours each way] ... Knitting was having a party ,,, 7
knitters [ not including me ] on the way there , and 6 on the way back
,, and those where sitting near me ,, i didn`t go looking in the other
parts of the train,,,,,
IT IS BACK knitting in public HURRRAY
mirjam

Mirjam,
I knit and crochet at the doctors office often.

The men really give me some crazy looks, it does on bother me. Once and
a while I will wink and smile at them, Gail gets mad when I do that but
the men look the other way

I have seen it many times here in the Rockford and Chicago, Illinois
area. We have many groups in the suburban area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Knitting speed ?? Yarn 40 August 22nd 06 09:50 PM
The ongoing story of knitting sheaths for Aaron and Noreen Els van Dam Yarn 15 April 25th 06 06:45 PM
My Book Report for Cactus Needles Knitting Guild!!! Slick Hippy chick Yarn 2 November 21st 03 09:23 PM
Knitting back? SlinkyToy Yarn 8 September 7th 03 10:02 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 CraftBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.