looking for a pattern...

Old July 7th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Diana Brissenden

Default looking for a pattern...

Can anyone tell me if there is any kind of knitting pattern that you can do
for making a clothpin bag. I am a new knitter and would like to find
something that is simple and fast. Has anyone heard of such a pattern
before? If so can they share it with me?
If no one has one, does anyone know where I can go to get one?

Diana

Old July 7th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 22:47:06 GMT, "Diana Brissenden"
spewed forth :

Can anyone tell me if there is any kind of knitting pattern that you can do
for making a clothpin bag. I am a new knitter and would like to find
something that is simple and fast. Has anyone heard of such a pattern
before? If so can they share it with me?
If no one has one, does anyone know where I can go to get one?

Diana

I wouldn't knit a clothespin bag. Knitting stretches, you don't want
a stretchy clothespin bag. Make a pair of cutoffs and save the legs.
You can use the upper legs as the pouches and make straps from the
leftovers. Voila. Clothespin bag. I made one 20-odd years ago, it
hasn't come into the house since, and it still works just fine.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 8th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
ladyfreewilly

Viola,
I would like to thank you so much for the information. I really didn't
thing it would work by knitting a bag. My son just bought me a new
washing machine for a late birthday gift and I need to have a cloth pin
bag with out buying one.
Thanks again,
Diana

Old July 8th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

Wooly wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 22:47:06 GMT, "Diana Brissenden"
spewed forth :

Can anyone tell me if there is any kind of knitting pattern that you can do
for making a clothpin bag. I am a new knitter and would like to find
something that is simple and fast. Has anyone heard of such a pattern
before? If so can they share it with me?
If no one has one, does anyone know where I can go to get one?

Diana

I wouldn't knit a clothespin bag. Knitting stretches, you don't want
a stretchy clothespin bag. Make a pair of cutoffs and save the legs.
You can use the upper legs as the pouches and make straps from the
leftovers. Voila. Clothespin bag. I made one 20-odd years ago, it
hasn't come into the house since, and it still works just fine.

Diana, depending on where you live, I would maybe add to Wooly's great
suggestion, that it may be a good idea to have one that it water proof.
Where I live, we get a lot of rain. My clothes pegs would be a mess if I
left them hanging on the washlin in a cloth bag made of old jeans. The
springs gets rusty and the wood swells up etc. (this is from experience)
I have my pegs in a plastic bucket that moves in and out the house as
needed.

Els

+++++++++++++

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr

Old July 8th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Wooly wrote:
[...]

That is cool Wooly!!!!

Dennis
Old July 8th 06, 09:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
What is a cloth pin ????????????????
mirjam
enden" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is any kind of knitting pattern that you can do
for making a clothpin bag. I am a new knitter and would like to find
something that is simple and fast. Has anyone heard of such a pattern
before? If so can they share it with me?
If no one has one, does anyone know where I can go to get one?

Diana

Mirjam,

Hello twin.

I believe Diana means a clothes pin bag. For holding clothes pins that
hold clothes on a line.

If I am right any knit bag would work.
Old July 8th 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Ophelia

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
What is a cloth pin ????????????????

We call them clothes pegs. To hang out the washing on the line

Old July 8th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Dixie Sugar \(from Mississippi\)

We call them clothes pins down south.

Brenda
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Aha you mean a cloths PEG ????
mirjam

Mirjam,

Hello twin.

I believe Diana means a clothes pin bag. For holding clothes pins that
hold clothes on a line.

If I am right any knit bag would work.

New pattern methods and pattern making materials [email protected] Glass 1 April 15th 06 03:21 PM
New pattern from picture. F.James Cripwell Needlework 0 December 28th 05 02:52 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - art nouveau window to spring ! Misty Needlework 1 February 3rd 04 12:52 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - Sweet valentine :OD ! Misty Needlework 0 January 30th 04 08:36 PM