New Quilt

Old November 21st 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default New Quilt

I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. The pattern is Oopsie
Daisy and my friend Mary quilted it for me.

I love it and almost couldn't bring myself to give it away. It is so soft
and cuddly. It's the first one in my Quilts folder, if you want to take a
look.

Cindy

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

Old November 21st 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

What a sweet little quilt. Baby (and Mum) will love it.
..
In message , teleflora
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 21st 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"teleflora" wrote:

I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. The pattern is Oopsie
Daisy and my friend Mary quilted it for me.

I love it and almost couldn't bring myself to give it away. It is so soft
and cuddly. It's the first one in my Quilts folder, if you want to take a
look.

Cindy

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

Cindy, I'm not usually a fan of 30s fabrics (heresy, I know, for a
quilter G), but this quilt is *so* pretty! I don't know how you could
bear to give it up!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old November 21st 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"Sandy" wrote in message
In article ,
"teleflora" wrote:

I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. The pattern is Oopsie
Daisy and my friend Mary quilted it for me.

Cindy, I'm not usually a fan of 30s fabrics (heresy, I know, for a
quilter G), but this quilt is *so* pretty! I don't know how you could
bear to give it up!

Me neither, Sandy. I'm not really a big fan of scrappy quilts either! gasp

But I really liked that pattern and I don't know if it would look the same
in any other kind of fabric. The pattern has instructions for several sizes
and I would love to make it in at least a twin. Just for curling up on the
sofa even though I'd have to stash it in a crate because my living room is
so not those colors. The baby quilt is really a wall hanging size, but I
figured you could wrap a kid in it.

I just really liked it.

And the mom and especially the grandma loved it too.

Cindy

Old November 22nd 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lelandite

I'm sure baby will get many hugs all wrapped in this special
blanket all stitched together by love I hope it lasts long enough so that
the new Mom can use it on the babies wall for safe
keeping for that new one that some day will come to her/him.
Did you follow all that? ;0

Really like the pattern and colors.
Donna
in WA

Old November 22nd 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

The quilt is really great, but I just LOVE your dolls. What a hoot. You
must have a ball making them.
Gen

Old November 22nd 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

You're very welcome, Elly!

Now, go to bed!

LOL

Cindy

Old November 22nd 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Yes, I did understand all that and I told DD to tell the new mom to USE that
quilt! I'll make the baby another one if she wears that one out!

Thank you for the nice comments.

Cindy

Old November 22nd 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Thank you, Gen and I do like making dolls. I like making purses, I like
making curtains, I like making everything.

I wish I could buy more time.

Cindy