Sunglasses required!

Old February 16th 09, 09:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default Sunglasses required!

Those of you who know me fairly well will be 'surprised' to see these
quilts! Well - it's one really, double-sided.
I am showing you at this stage, in case the double-siding doesn't work
(Eek!) or in case I mess up the quilting (double Eek!). In any case, I
don't think the quilting will show at all g

My friend Sarah is expecting her first baby (at 40) and I so wanted to
make her baby quilt. However, she said 'no pastels'!! I was hoping for
one of those 'sweetly pretty' quilts that I rarely, if ever, have a
chance to make.
The first group of fabrics and pattern had to be abandoned. I am very
pleased that these worked out just fine (I think)

I hope you think I have fulfilled her wishes. The spirals are the top.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14021779@N07/3284413220/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14021779@N07/3284413228/
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 16th 09, 11:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L in MA

What fun! I hope it doesn't offend you to say this but I LOVE the back
more than the front. I suspect it has something to do with my being a
control freak - the different sized blocks "bother" me. It is beautiful
though :-)

Rita L. in MA

Old February 16th 09, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I am very fond of the back, too, Rita.
..
In message , Rita L in MA
writes

Old February 16th 09, 11:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

They (it) are wonderful, Pat. I love your spirals, and I think the baby will
love the colors.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old February 16th 09, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
VickyB

I love the spirals! Both sides are a lot of fun, and look great, but
there's something about the spiral top that just catches my eye.
Beautiful job, I'll be she loves it.

VickyB
Old February 16th 09, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

If someone had told me those were your quilts, I would have just known that
they had been smoking some of that funny stuff. Ain't no way. I'd be
certain that you could not, did not, had not.
You did that?
Hey, everybody! Pat has let her wild side out. I am just so tickled.
Way to go, Pat. Wonderful.
Polly

Old February 16th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I'd take either one!
Nice job, Pat.

Ginger in CA

Old February 16th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Love them both! Especially the way the different size spirals makes
them sort of vibrate. Wonderful!
Roberta in D

Old February 16th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Whow Pat. Way to go , as they say! lol. I love them both and know that it
will be very well received for new baby. I wonder which side it will favour!
lol As for double sided. Eek too!
--
Estelle UK

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old February 16th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

WOW......definitely not pastels nor boring.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community