Welcome Vaecordia

Old March 13th 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default introducing ourselves to Vaecordia and Marian Welcome Vaecordia

bobbieviorritto wrote:
I am Bobbie V. I live north of Cheryl in NH.

I do all kinds of needlework including hardanger, samplers, temari and
various knitting as time allows. Some of my finish projects are here

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...%20Needlework/

I am married and have three grown children and 2 grandsons. DSon #2 and
DDil are expecting in July. (Pretty good chance this one is a girl.) I
have recently returned from a month spent in San Diego where I spoiled
grand babies Kiato and Rikuto. Both my DDils and DD stitch as well.

I work as a Bridal Alterationist aka Bridal gown wrestler, which leaves
me time to stitch in the winter.

Bobbie Viorritto

Not too sure where to start. I am in my "senior years" but still love to
stitch, knit, and basically enjoy the needle arts. I am originally from
UK, now settled in Florida. Don't like it, but it rarely snows. LOL

I enjoy looking at different techniques, but am not ready to start them
when I have yet to master the ones I work with. I have learned so very
much from this group of friends, and I hope you will too.

I have been very fortunate to have met in person, needle-to-needle, over
a half dozen of the members here.\

WE are a good group of honest friends. Squabble "yes", hate "never".

Just like a family.

Gillian aka/.Gill
Welcome
Old March 13th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:48:22 -0500, Gillian Murray
wrote:

bobbieviorritto wrote:
[...]

Gillian visited Newfoundland

when she and Jim came up around here -
she loved it.

Sheena knows full well that if Jim and I could be reborn, we would be
newfies.

Fantastic people, honest way of life...nothing else needs to be
said.....except the really cool lady who played music ,and said "we are
locals you know".

They live life the way it should!!

Gillian
Old March 13th 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

I'm Fran, who mostly lurks, and I live in northwest North Carolina,
about 75 miles due north of Charlotte. I am owned by two cats - Miss
Scarlett, otherwise known as either the Inspector General or Miss Pig,
and Jabba, otherwise known as Sir Fuss-a-lot.

I do a variety of needlework, including xstitch, canvas work (am
working on my Master Craftsman for this), goldwork (just started
working on my Master Craftsman), japanese embroidery, and quilting.
I've tried and dropped knitting and crochet as I found them boring.

I also have a very landscapedquarter-acre yard that I maintain (just
started the seeds for this year - about a month late), and am a
voracious reader.

Unfortunately, I have only a few hours a week to devote to all this as
I am a computer programmer at large national company, and work 40+
hours most weeks, so it takes me forever to get any projects done.
Old March 13th 10, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/12/10 8:05 PM, "Fran" wrote:

I'm Fran, who mostly lurks, and I live in northwest North Carolina,
about 75 miles due north of Charlotte. I am owned by two cats - Miss
Scarlett, otherwise known as either the Inspector General or Miss Pig,
and Jabba, otherwise known as Sir Fuss-a-lot.

Just curious, Fran - where in NC are you, if you don't mind sharing?

I do a variety of needlework, including xstitch, canvas work (am
working on my Master Craftsman for this), goldwork (just started
working on my Master Craftsman), japanese embroidery, and quilting.
I've tried and dropped knitting and crochet as I found them boring.

WOW - congrats - that's a lot of work. Are you doing yours thru EGA? I
think I'm going to pick up into the MC in canvas work soon - once all the
Master Teacher stuff is a bit further along, more definite. No wonder when
we see your pictures the work is always so stunning!

I also have a very landscapedquarter-acre yard that I maintain (just
started the seeds for this year - about a month late), and am a
voracious reader.

Unfortunately, I have only a few hours a week to devote to all this as
I am a computer programmer at large national company, and work 40+
hours most weeks, so it takes me forever to get any projects done.

So harsh that the other parts of life just seem to keep interfering! Nice
of you to chime in.

ellice

Old March 13th 10, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

wrote:

bobbieviorritto wrote:

[...]

I was stationed at Naval Facility Argentia NFLD in the 1970's. I well
remember the long ambulance runs into St. John.
Bobbie V.
Old March 13th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:36:17 -0500, ellice
wrote:

On 3/12/10 8:05 PM, "Fran" wrote:

I'm Fran, who mostly lurks, and I live in northwest North Carolina,
about 75 miles due north of Charlotte. I am owned by two cats - Miss
Scarlett, otherwise known as either the Inspector General or Miss Pig,
and Jabba, otherwise known as Sir Fuss-a-lot.

Just curious, Fran - where in NC are you, if you don't mind sharing?

I'm in Winston-Salem

I do a variety of needlework, including xstitch, canvas work (am
working on my Master Craftsman for this), goldwork (just started
working on my Master Craftsman), japanese embroidery, and quilting.
I've tried and dropped knitting and crochet as I found them boring.

WOW - congrats - that's a lot of work. Are you doing yours thru EGA? I
think I'm going to pick up into the MC in canvas work soon - once all the
Master Teacher stuff is a bit further along, more definite. No wonder when
we see your pictures the work is always so stunning!

Thanks. It helps me keep my sanity I'm just starting step 5 in
the Canvas Embroidery MC, and yes, both MC's are being done thru EGA.

I also have a very landscapedquarter-acre yard that I maintain (just
started the seeds for this year - about a month late), and am a
voracious reader.

Unfortunately, I have only a few hours a week to devote to all this as
I am a computer programmer at large national company, and work 40+
hours most weeks, so it takes me forever to get any projects done.

So harsh that the other parts of life just seem to keep interfering! Nice
of you to chime in.

Yeah, I know. But, ya know, I do have to pay the bills...... sigh.

ellice

Old March 13th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Default Welcome Vaecordia

And I'm currently pulling white cat hairs out of a
black-section-on-black-material piece. Can't see Sir Fuss' black
hairs, but I can sure see Miss Furry's white ones!

LOL - I'm sure that Puckster appreciates that distinction - as his big nose
and very long, furry ears wend their way regularly into my lap for a
close-up look at what's on the lap stand. I cannot tell you how many, many
long white fur strands I have pulled out of my Quaker sampler - on darkish
green 32 ct - and hate thinking about those coming out of Baroque on the
black canvas!

Ellice

Old March 15th 10, 11:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Vaecordia

WE are a good group of honest friends. Squabble "yes", hate "never".

Just like a family.

Gillian aka/.Gill
Welcome

Gillian visited Newfoundland

when she and Jim came up around here -

she loved it.

Sheena knows full well that if Jim and I could be reborn, we would be
newfies.

Fantastic people, honest way of life...nothing else needs to be
said.....except the really cool lady who played music ,and said "we are
locals you know".

They live life the way it should!!

Gillian

If any of you ever come back around, I would be more than happy to give
you the grand tour, and tea too.

Vae
Old March 15th 10, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Mar 11, 6:17 pm, "Lucille" wrote:

It seems to me that nearly everything is covered from soup recipes to
engineering questions, computers, photography, music and books and kitchen
appliances. You dream up the question and there just might be someone here
who can give you a detailed answer,

Sooo true! I work in a library and I remember one time, years ago,
someone came in and asked the Reference librarians how the Toronto
Blue Jays got their name. They couldn't find anything so I said, let
me ask my ng. Sure enough, someone here was able to help!

Now, let me introduce myself.

I'm Joan. I think I'm the only one on here from North Dakota, born and
raised. I'm 70 miles north of the famed Nordic Needle shop, which I
didn't know existed until I got on this group!

I have a DH, 2 boys and a girl, all grown now. I used to have a horse
(and will get another someday) and currently have a yellow lab,
Jasmine. I will be a first-time Grandma in June.

I have been stitching since I was a child, starting with stamped
embroidery. I was introduced to counted cross stitch in 1978 or '79
and was immediately hooked! I also knit and crochet and have done
some crewel (not a favorite but if a design calls to me.....), some
sewing, tatting, quilting, needlepoint and participated in the SAL
canvas work that Nancy mentioned earlier. I've done a bit of drawn
thread work and will try some hardanger....someday!

To keep myself in stitching supplies, I work in the library at the
University of North Dakota (GO SIOUX!!! ---they just made the playoffs
in hockey WOOHOO!) and have been here since I was a student.

Welcome to our "family"!

Joan