Ping: Men

Old February 26th 10, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Default Ping: Men

All the "man" quilts I've made have been either red and black, or
shades of green.

Themed prints are good choices too, hunting, fishing, golf, etc...

amy in CNY
Old February 26th 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

On Feb 25, 4:34*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
* * Where was I going with this? * Being a crazy old lady does have its
challenges.
* * Ah. *I remember. *We're discussing what colors to choose if making a
quilt as a surprise gift for a friend. *My first thought was that I never
met a man who didn't really love blue. *Is that still true or is there one
amongst us who absolutely loathes blue? *Anyone?
* * Next, I wonder if you made a quilt for someone without asking their
choice, would you choose colors they wear? *I think maybe not. *What do you
suggest? *Polly

A while back I read an article about men's color choices -- you can
see it at:
http://desktoppub.about.com/od/choos.../mencolors.htm
But it says that men don't like purple, and that is one of my DH's
favorite colors (he even has me liking it now). I think it is very
difficult to make accurate blanket statements about color choices.

Bev in TX
Old February 26th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
***Debbie***

Hi Polly,

Could you just ask him his favorite colors? I know you want it to be a
surprise but if he is anything like all the men I've ever known he will
think you are asking simply because he is the most interesting person on
earth and never guess the question has anything to do with fabric.

***Debbie***

Old February 26th 10, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_3_]

Nope I wouldn't do colors they wear. But you could ask the colors of
their house if you have never been. Just say that you are thinking of
redecorating and wondering what your friends have.
Good Luck
Joanna

Old February 26th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Whatever Bob Villa is wearing. If he's outdoorsy, add green. If he
tells you he loves blue ( the only color my son will buy for himself
-- I sneak in and put other colors in his closet from time to time) or
purple or gray or orange, believe him and use as much as you can stuff
into a quilt. The only thing I'd stay away from is pastel.

Sunny
Old February 26th 10, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

Blues are fine. I like greens and yellows and blues. I like the idea
of their favorite sports teams colors. Good luck whatever you choose!

Polly Esther wrote:
Where was I going with this? Being a crazy old lady does have its
challenges.
clip

--
Denny in Fort Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/kiteflyer54

/\
/ \
/ \
\ /
\ /
\/
\
\
/
\
\
/
\
Old February 27th 10, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On 27 Feb, 00:52, Sally Swindells
wrote:
At least 90% of UK cars at the moment seem to be silver!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ukhttp://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

dealer83 wrote:
On Feb 25, 9:06 pm, Tia Mary wrote:
Polly Esther wrote:
* *Where was I going with this? * Being a crazy old lady does have its
challenges.
* *Ah. *I remember. *We're discussing what colors to choose if making a
quilt as a surprise gift for a friend. *My first thought was that I
never met a man who didn't really love blue. *Is that still true or is
there one amongst us who absolutely loathes blue? *Anyone?
* *Next, I wonder if you made a quilt for someone without asking their
choice, would you choose colors they wear? *I think maybe not. *What do
you suggest? *Polly
* *Well, I'm not a man but I absolutely loathe most blue colours,
especially baby blue or sky blue! *Things like teal blue or turquoise
blue are OK because they have so much green to them; navy is almost
black so that's OK, too. *Denim is sort of a neutral "un-blue" to me and
since I wear jeans a lot they are also OK. *When I met DH he always said
his favourite colour was blue, of course. *Now he says it is OK but her
really prefers greens & purples and wears those colors, too :-).
* * As for making someone a quilt in colors they wear, I personally
would go that route if I had no other info to go on. *I should imagine
that most people wear colors they prefer so they would like a quilt made
from those colors. *Ornery tonight, aren't I :-))). *CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ * (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!

This a good thread. *I'd go by the color of his car. *Anyone who forks
out a gazillion dollars for a new car makes sure they get the color
they like! Donna

Good one Sally! that's true here in Oz too - silver is the new black.
Bronnie