New Quilt

Old November 22nd 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Default New Quilt

teleflora wrote:
I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. The pattern is Oopsie
Daisy and my friend Mary quilted it for me.

I love it and almost couldn't bring myself to give it away. It is so soft
and cuddly. It's the first one in my Quilts folder, if you want to take a
look.

Cindy

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

Ooh, I love that quilt! I've admired that pattern or one very similar
to it in Keepsake Quilting. It is so cheery--and scrappy. :-) You did
a wonderful job, Cindy! The recipient will be thrilled. :-)

Michelle in Nevada
Old November 22nd 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_4_]

What a lucky baby!

--
Donna in NE La.
kd maine 77 at yahoo dot com

Old November 22nd 09, 01:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Love it! Of course, when you make one for you, it could be bed size!
Roberta in D

Old November 22nd 09, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
***Debbie***

Hi Cindy,

I can see why you had a hard time giving it up. It's beautiful.

Looking around your other pictures, I love your idea for the lap desk,
especially how you put the cutting mat in it. You have some really
creative ideas!

-***Debbie***

"teleflora" wrote in
:

Old November 22nd 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"teleflora" wrote:

Me neither, Sandy. I'm not really a big fan of scrappy quilts either! gasp

Cindy, I *knew* I liked you! Scrappy and I don't really see eye to
eye, either. LOL!

But I really liked that pattern and I don't know if it would look the same
in any other kind of fabric. The pattern has instructions for several sizes
and I would love to make it in at least a twin. Just for curling up on the
sofa even though I'd have to stash it in a crate because my living room is
so not those colors. The baby quilt is really a wall hanging size, but I
figured you could wrap a kid in it.

I just really liked it.

And the mom and especially the grandma loved it too.

Cindy

As well they should! I think you should to ahead and make yourself one
-- it's too pretty not to do so!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old November 23rd 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Nov 21, 2:47*pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. *The pattern is Oopsie
Daisy and my friend Mary quilted it for me.

I love it and almost couldn't bring myself to give it away. It is so soft
and cuddly. *It's the first one in my Quilts folder, if you want to take a
look.

Cindy

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

Oh, beautiful! I love it! I love your "doll dresses" one too.

Sherry

Old December 1st 09, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julie[_2_]

On Nov 21, 12:47*pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. *The pattern is Oopsie
Daisy and my friend Mary quilted it for me.

I love it and almost couldn't bring myself to give it away. It is so soft
and cuddly. *It's the first one in my Quilts folder, if you want to take a
look.

Cindy

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

Aw, this quilt is jaw-droppingly beautiful! Is it called something? Is
there a pattern available? I am a fairly new quilter and the right now
there is no way I could do this, but maybe someday. I feel the
beginnings of a pattern stash : )

Just gorgeous!!
Take care,
Julie in SFBA
Old December 1st 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julie[_2_]

On Nov 21, 12:47*pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I took time out from the whiner quilt to sew the binding on a baby quilt.
DD works with a girl who's baby shower is today. *The pattern is Oopsie
Daisy and my friend Mary quilted it for me.

I love it and almost couldn't bring myself to give it away. It is so soft
and cuddly. *It's the first one in my Quilts folder, if you want to take a
look.

Cindy

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

Well, duh, I just re-read your original post. OK, so I am on a search
for Oopsie Daisy (hanging head : ))
Take care,
Julie in SFBA
Old December 2nd 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"julie" wrote in message

Aw, this quilt is jaw-droppingly beautiful! Is it called something? Is
there a pattern available? I am a fairly new quilter and the right now
there is no way I could do this, but maybe someday. I feel the
beginnings of a pattern stash : )

Just gorgeous!!
Take care,
Julie in SFBA

********

Ha! I know that look. You're a real quilter now, Julie.

It is called Oopsie Daisy and it's a Darlene Zimmerman pattern.

You can Google it.

Cindy