Stupid, stupid, stupid (but I can't wait for it to get here)

Old November 21st 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default Stupid, stupid, stupid (but I can't wait for it to get here)

So today my son's young friends came over -- his best friend is a girl
who is now preggers (not with my son) and she's having a bit of a
tough time, just because it's so not what she intended to do when she
was 20. But she's a hard-working, level-headed young woman and she's
dealing with it in the best way she can. She's a very artsy person --
her drawing and painting are fabulous. I was showing her the fabric I
bought and she was just taken by it, the same way I was. I watched her
face just melting as she looked at the colors and lines and I made a
quick decision. When I told her that was going to be her baby quilt
from me, she just burst into tears. Yay! Now I know why I bought the
fabric. It's just perfect for a spring baby.

Sunny
Old November 21st 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Sunny wrote:
So today my son's young friends came over -- his best friend is a girl
who is now preggers (not with my son) and she's having a bit of a
tough time, just because it's so not what she intended to do when she
was 20. But she's a hard-working, level-headed young woman and she's
dealing with it in the best way she can. She's a very artsy person --
her drawing and painting are fabulous. I was showing her the fabric I
bought and she was just taken by it, the same way I was. I watched her
face just melting as she looked at the colors and lines and I made a
quick decision. When I told her that was going to be her baby quilt
from me, she just burst into tears. Yay! Now I know why I bought the
fabric. It's just perfect for a spring baby.

Sunny

Guilt free quilting. Wonderful.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 21st 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Nov 20, 6:27*pm, Sunny wrote:
So today my son's young friends came over -- his best friend is a girl
who is now preggers (not with my son) and she's having a bit of a
tough time, just because it's so not what she intended to do when she
was 20. But she's a hard-working, level-headed young woman and she's
dealing with it in the best way she can. She's a very artsy person --
her drawing and painting are fabulous. I was showing her the fabric I
bought and she was just taken by it, the same way I was. I watched her
face just melting as she looked at the colors and lines and I made a
quick decision. When I told her that was going to be her baby quilt
from me, she just burst into tears. Yay! Now I know why I bought the
fabric. It's just perfect for a spring baby.

Sunny

Sunny, it just doesn't get much better than that. Divine
intervention? Donna
Old November 21st 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Sunny wrote:
Last night I was up late, not feeling good, facing another dismal and
depressing holiday season. And I started link chasing across the
Internet, starting at a fabric blog and .... you know the story. I
ended up at an Etsy.com store that sells amazing fabric, that up to
date and oh so perfect stuff that mothers of perfect children buy to
make them perfect and very European looking clothes.

And I bought. http://www.etsy.com/shop/SoFunFabric...ion_id=6087865
I got six fqs and one yard of this incredible fabric collection. The
grand total was almost $35. I shouldn't have done it. And I feel
horribly guilty because I have no clue what to do with it. But when it
gets here there's a good chance I'm going to make it into a blankie to
sleep with, ROFL. These colors and textures just got me.

So that's my Christmas for the year, I think. I will have to come up
with a good way to "confess" and explain that I already spent the
budget for my own gifts. But oh my, it looks so gorgeous. And
inevitably it works better than another pair of too-small house
slippers.

Sunny
waiting for Fed-ex at the end of the driveway.

Some fabrics you just "gotta" have! :-) I've got a bunch of those.
They get used eventually. And in the meantime I enjoy fondling them.

Have fun! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

(And darn you for posting another fabric link for me to while away my
time! LOL!)

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada
Old November 22nd 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Sunny wrote:
So today my son's young friends came over -- his best friend is a girl
who is now preggers (not with my son) and she's having a bit of a
tough time, just because it's so not what she intended to do when she
was 20. But she's a hard-working, level-headed young woman and she's
dealing with it in the best way she can. She's a very artsy person --
her drawing and painting are fabulous. I was showing her the fabric I
bought and she was just taken by it, the same way I was. I watched her
face just melting as she looked at the colors and lines and I made a
quick decision. When I told her that was going to be her baby quilt
from me, she just burst into tears. Yay! Now I know why I bought the
fabric. It's just perfect for a spring baby.

Sunny

Oh Sunny, how very lovely!

Michelle in Nevada
Old November 22nd 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:27:50 -0600, Sunny wrote
(in article
):

So today my son's young friends came over -- his best friend is a girl
who is now preggers (not with my son) and she's having a bit of a
tough time, just because it's so not what she intended to do when she
was 20. But she's a hard-working, level-headed young woman and she's
dealing with it in the best way she can. She's a very artsy person --
her drawing and painting are fabulous. I was showing her the fabric I
bought and she was just taken by it, the same way I was. I watched her
face just melting as she looked at the colors and lines and I made a
quick decision. When I told her that was going to be her baby quilt
from me, she just burst into tears. Yay! Now I know why I bought the
fabric. It's just perfect for a spring baby.

Sunny

See! You absolutely made the right decision. No need to feel guilty!

Maureen