Speaking of EQ5

Old July 13th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
heidi (was rabbit2b)

Default Speaking of EQ5

By the way, for Mac users, EQ6 works perfectly using Fusion, Parallels
or Boot Camp.
Old July 14th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lynne in toronto

Actually, that was how I used v 4, when I used it, and despite my
frustrations, liked that it enabled me to audition fabrics/colours
without cutting strips/blocks and hanging them on the wall.I designed
a couple of qulolts using it, and the quilts turned out fine. I just
couldn't stand how long it took to do anything and how much back
tracking there was.

And, I really MEANT V 6, not 5, in my original question. Silly me!

Thanks for all your input.

LIT

On Jul 13, 1:50*pm, "heidi (was rabbit2b)" wrote:
Oops. Forgot to mention that my single biggest use for it is trying
color combinations and placements. It's worth it for that alone. (And
that I've been doing for a long time--I think my first EQ fabric
tryout is still in my 2004 webshots album!

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

On Jul 12, 7:24*pm, lynne in toronto wrote:

Who has it? *How is it? (apart from fabric calculations)

I bought it, and Block Base, a few versions back and found it not
intuitive and hard to use. In fact I really didn't like it at all.
Has it improved?

Trying to figure out if it's worth buying again.

Thanks,

Lynne in Toronto
Queen of the Cowboys- Hide quoted text -

Old July 14th 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy

Like everyone else, I did not find EQ3-5 very intuitive, but would keep
plugging away. I still don't have the ability to do all I see others do
with it, but for playing with colors, layouts and blocks, it's terrific.
I would bring my computer with me on trips, or places that I could not bring
real fabric, and found it was great fun to play around with when I had the
"spare" time. That was how I eventually got it to work for me, without
taking hours to get a project together.

Nancy

"Michelle C." wrote in message
lynne in toronto wrote:
Who has it? How is it? (apart from fabric calculations)

I bought it, and Block Base, a few versions back and found it not
intuitive and hard to use. In fact I really didn't like it at all.
Has it improved?

Trying to figure out if it's worth buying again.

Thanks,

Lynne in Toronto
Queen of the Cowboys

Hi Lynne,

I understand your comment about EQ (version 5 in my case) not being
intuitive to use. However, through scrupulous reading of the book and
asking for help here on RTCQ, I've used it to design several quilts, which
are all in various stages of progress. Really helps me to "visualize" my
ideas.

So I guess, it's usefulness depends on how much effort you want to put
into learning the program and whether it fulfills some quilting need that
you can't do any other way.

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada, USA

Old July 14th 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
***Debbie***

Hi

I have EQ5 and Blockbase. What I like it for is planning. I check
overall color combinations ahead of cutting and check to see how
different blocks will work together. I also like that the program does
the work for making various sized blocks. I don't play with it all that
much, however what I do with it saves me a lot of time and headache.

-***Debbie***

lynne in toronto wrote in news:bd5e8465-ccf5-45f5-
:

Old July 15th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
susan k

On Jul 12, 7:24*pm, lynne in toronto wrote:
Who has it? *How is it? (apart from fabric calculations)

I first bought EQ3; and continued to upgrade.

The first version I really used was EQ5, mainly because of the tracing
capability. I'm using it (and now EQ6) fairly regularly. In addition
to tracing, I use it to test color combinations for the few rare
"pieced" quilts I make. It's also good to test out a composition to
see if it really will work. It eliminates drafting, because you can
design the block or motif on an arbitrary "size", but always print it
use the "size from quilt" and get nice applique patterns.

Susan K
see my quilts: members.cox.net/kratersge

Speaking of books..... Pati C. Quilting 1 October 22nd 08 06:47 PM
speaking of moms.... CNYstitcher Quilting 41 May 22nd 05 04:57 AM
Ot speaking of presents Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 3 April 15th 05 02:58 PM
speaking of Swaro..... katieW. Beads 1 February 21st 05 07:24 PM
OT speaking of ICE Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 1 December 23rd 03 05:35 PM