Sunglasses required!

Old February 16th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default Sunglasses required!

Fabulous! That's a heck of a lot of piecing. I can't decide which side I
like better...they are both stunning.
Your friend will be thrilled and the baby will love looking at the colors
and designs. Congratulations!
With those fabrics and designs, I don't think you have to stress over the
quilting. It will be just fine!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Patti" wrote in message
Those of you who know me fairly well will be 'surprised' to see these
quilts! Well - it's one really, double-sided.
I am showing you at this stage, in case the double-siding doesn't work
(Eek!) or in case I mess up the quilting (double Eek!). In any case, I
don't think the quilting will show at all g

My friend Sarah is expecting her first baby (at 40) and I so wanted to
make her baby quilt. However, she said 'no pastels'!! I was hoping for
one of those 'sweetly pretty' quilts that I rarely, if ever, have a chance
to make.
The first group of fabrics and pattern had to be abandoned. I am very
pleased that these worked out just fine (I think)

I hope you think I have fulfilled her wishes. The spirals are the top.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14021779@N07/3284413220/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14021779@N07/3284413228/
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old February 16th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
***Debbie***

Awesome! Definately "anything but pastel" and very eye catching. I love
the color combinations on both sides. I also like the way you did the two
different sizes of the same block.

-Debbie

Patti wrote in
:

Old February 16th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Patti wrote:

Those of you who know me fairly well will be 'surprised' to see these
quilts! Well - it's one really, double-sided.
I am showing you at this stage, in case the double-siding doesn't work
(Eek!) or in case I mess up the quilting (double Eek!). In any case, I
don't think the quilting will show at all g

My friend Sarah is expecting her first baby (at 40) and I so wanted to
make her baby quilt. However, she said 'no pastels'!! I was hoping for
one of those 'sweetly pretty' quilts that I rarely, if ever, have a
chance to make.
The first group of fabrics and pattern had to be abandoned. I am very
pleased that these worked out just fine (I think)

I hope you think I have fulfilled her wishes. The spirals are the top.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14021779@N07/3284413220/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14021779@N07/3284413228/

Oh, Pat! That's a *wonderful* baby quilt! I have no doubt at all that
your friend will love it or that her baby will love it to shreds!

How in the world are you going to match up the front and back
accurately?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old February 16th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks Louise. I hope they will like the dazzles!
..
In message Brcml.574183$yE1.302217@attbi_s21, Louise in Iowa
writes
They (it) are wonderful, Pat. I love your spirals, and I think the baby will
love the colors.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 16th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Glad you like it Vicky. It's lovely when an idea comes together.
..
In message
,
VickyB writes
I love the spirals! Both sides are a lot of fun, and look great, but
there's something about the spiral top that just catches my eye.
Beautiful job, I'll be she loves it.

VickyB

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 16th 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Ah Polly! I didn't think I had any wild in me to be let out!
Actually, it was terribly hard - the very minimum of planning; fabric
just in two piles on the table. Then those moments what to put with the
next one you pick up, when another colour has the one that would be
'right'. Boy, I struggled with even a small amount of randomness gg
I did have one rule (but that was all!).

I'm really glad you have seen that I could once do it - it will be a
very long time before anything like that gets done again!! (thought I
do have a commission for a scrappy Chinese Coins - I hope I'll survive
that!).
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
If someone had told me those were your quilts, I would have just known that
they had been smoking some of that funny stuff. Ain't no way. I'd be
certain that you could not, did not, had not.
You did that?
Hey, everybody! Pat has let her wild side out. I am just so tickled.
Way to go, Pat. Wonderful.
Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 16th 09, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well, if the double-siding doesn't work out, I might be glad to find a
home for the result g
..
In message
,
Ginger in CA writes
I'd take either one!
Nice job, Pat.

Ginger in CA

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 16th 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

And the small spirals go the opposite way round from the larger ones.
Perhaps that gives movement too? I hadn't thought of any effects, I
just wanted them to be different. Did you notice their direction?
I'm glad you like them. Thanks.
..
In message , Roberta
writes
Love them both! Especially the way the different size spirals makes
them sort of vibrate. Wonderful!
Roberta in D

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 16th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I might never know!
Really glad you like them. Gives me hope g
..
In message , Estelle Gallagher
writes
Whow Pat. Way to go , as they say! lol. I love them both and know that it
will be very well received for new baby. I wonder which side it will favour!
lol As for double sided. Eek too!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 16th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks Mary. I'm so glad I made a reasonable attempt at
non-traditional! I don't think my friend will believe (like Polly) that
I did them myself g
..
In message , maryd
writes
WOW......definitely not pastels nor boring.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill