Yippeeee! It's Finished!

Old March 13th 04, 02:43 AM
Dannielle

Default Yippeeee! It's Finished!

Well, I finally finished a wedding piece that I started two years ago. The
happy couple has been married for a year and a half now, so it must be time
to give them their wedding gift! (You don't understand, the last time I
gave a wedding gift it was 12 days after the wedding and the couple split
within a month! Bad karma!)

So, now I have to wash and iron and get sent off to DMIL to be framed. I
have already made arrangements for delivery to the happy couple via my
DFather in a few months.

Kind of OT: I also have almost finished a painting I did for the female
half of this couple as well, so it will be framed and delivered at the same
time as the wedding piece. How exciting to have two things almost
completely done and ready to go!

Happy Dancing in NY tonight!

--
Dannielle

Old March 13th 04, 04:15 AM
Karen C - California

In article , "Dannielle"
writes:

The
happy couple has been married for a year and a half now, so it must be time
to give them their wedding gift! (You don't understand, the last time I
gave a wedding gift it was 12 days after the wedding and the couple split
within a month!

One co-worker got married, and her boss maintained that the etiquette book said
he had one year to give them their wedding gift. Somewhere around Month 11.5,
he admitted to my boss that he delayed because he'd had his suspicions it
wouldn't last. The morning after she got his (expensive) wedding gift, she
filed for divorce. She wasn't going to file until she'd gotten that gift, and
she made sure to use it immediately upon receipt so he couldn't demand it be
returned to the store for a refund.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old March 13th 04, 09:17 AM
Dannielle

Well! I guess that just beats all! I believe the etiquette book does say
something about a year.....I'm just a little late! Nothing new there!

Dannielle

Old March 13th 04, 10:30 AM
Karen C - California

I guess that just beats all!

Yeah, we said that about her a lot. She had a scam for everything.

Old March 14th 04, 12:40 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Jelena
writes:

Yes, but she had to stay married to the guy to get the gift!

I have my suspicions that she had already sent him back to Mama's, and just
didn't file the divorce papers with the court till she got the gift, which she
knew would be expensive (her boss's wife had very good taste).

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday
Snowglobe

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

"Coral" necklace finally finished Linda2 Beads 16 June 3rd 04 05:50 AM
Anyone interested in a finished pieces exchange? starlia Beads 14 March 3rd 04 05:10 AM
Finished the motor home piece! Yay! aeromom Needlework 6 August 27th 03 12:09 AM
Finished Cat Bracelet saucy Beads 7 August 26th 03 09:01 PM
Looking for finished models of FanXstitch or PhoeniX Stitchery designs Fanxstitch Needlework 0 July 30th 03 11:16 PM