new skills and missed posts

Old February 14th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default new skills and missed posts

two days ago I posted about learning two new skills, Russian leaves and
herringbone rope. Did it show up on anyone's screen?

Also, by reading replies I realise that I am not seeing the original
posts. Is this happening to others?

Cheers, Jan
Old February 14th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I did not see it.
Shirley

In message , Jan G
writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old February 14th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I didn't see it.

I love russian leaves..herringbone is still something I need to learn,
though. It's on my "to do" list for this weekend, though!

-Amber.

Old February 14th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I didn't see it!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 14th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Jan G wrote:
two days ago I posted about learning two new skills, Russian leaves and
herringbone rope. Did it show up on anyone's screen?

I didn't see it either. I do sometimes miss posts, but I checked google
(where I'm posting from now) and it isn't there (here) either, so it
appears
to be a problem with your posts not going out. This may be a problem
local to your ISP or somewhere upstream (did anybody in Jan's
vicinity see it?).

Also, by reading replies I realise that I am not seeing the original
posts. Is this happening to others?

Similar problem to what Tina sees and what I see.
On my local (news.hawaii.edu) server I don't even see the posts that
I post from google. In that case it's an 'incoming' problem as I always
see posts that I post from there on google (maybe they have some
servers blocked?)

HTH,

Maren
Palms, Etc.: Tropical Plant Seeds - Hand-made Jewelry - Plants &
Lilikoi
http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~maren/palms_etc/

Old February 15th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Jan G wrote:
two days ago I posted about learning two new skills, Russian leaves and
herringbone rope. Did it show up on anyone's screen?

Also, by reading replies I realise that I am not seeing the original
posts. Is this happening to others?

Cheers, Jan

Same here but it seems fairly random, not always posts from the same people.

--
Polly
Old March 8th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I miss so many posts, I'm having a hard time participating in my two
newsgroups.

What makes it worse is that my service provider (well, the techies there)
tells me they simply have poor newsgroup service. Like, "So?" The thing
is, I think newsgroups become a social structure similar to the work place
for the many people who are disabled and unable to work. Especially for
women.

That the service providers don't care about newsgroup service then becomes
just one more insult and obstacle for people already multiply marginalized.

Tina