No Future?

Old April 28th 05, 03:47 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

Default No Future?

My bottle of Future is running low, so I've been looking for more and not
finding it. Walmart and Target used to have it, but now those aisles are so
taken up by Swiffer and similar disposable floor care stuff that they're
down to just Armstrong, Mop & Glo, and Johnson Paste Wax for the
traditionalists. The Future is gone! Home Depot had large jugs of it once,
which I'm now sorry I didn't buy, but now it's the same story there; tons
of disposable floor care stuff crowding the aisle and 2 or 3 floor polishes
if you're really lucky; none of them Future. Has anyone spotted any
recently? Where?

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old April 28th 05, 04:50 PM
Georgia

I bought mine at the grocery store in, um, 2002. Still have way more than
half a bottle.

Georgia

Old April 28th 05, 05:46 PM
Fenrir Enterprises

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:47:25 GMT, Helen Halla Fleischer
wrote:

My bottle of Future is running low, so I've been looking for more and not
finding it. Walmart and Target used to have it, but now those aisles are so
taken up by Swiffer and similar disposable floor care stuff that they're
down to just Armstrong, Mop & Glo, and Johnson Paste Wax for the
traditionalists. The Future is gone! Home Depot had large jugs of it once,
which I'm now sorry I didn't buy, but now it's the same story there; tons
of disposable floor care stuff crowding the aisle and 2 or 3 floor polishes
if you're really lucky; none of them Future. Has anyone spotted any
recently? Where?

Down here in Florida, Future is also carried in Ace hardware and our
local grocery stores, Publix and Winn-Dixie. You may have been better
off not buying the large jugs, because that's 'Industrial Use Only'
Future which may or may not have a totally different formula than the
standard ones. You might want to look in your grocery store. The last
time I checked, Ace had both types. You might also look into getting
Flecto/Rust Oleum Varathane. I like it better than the Future, and it
seems to be a lot tougher. It's difficult to find small cans of it,
though.
Old April 28th 05, 09:55 PM
mermaidscove

http://polymerclayexpress.com/finish.html

They have 4oz flecto varathane at polymer express in gloss, semi and
satin. I like it but I haven't tried Future yet.

Ingrid
http://www.mermaidscove.com

Old April 29th 05, 03:34 AM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:50:27 GMT, "Georgia" wrote:

I bought mine at the grocery store in, um, 2002. Still have way more than
half a bottle.

Thanks. I think that's about the last time I bought any, or maybe 2003. I
go through it a little faster because I use it to seal dowels as well as on
the clay. Even then some of the supermarkets around here didn't have it.

Old April 29th 05, 03:50 AM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On 28 Apr 2005 13:55:34 -0700, "mermaidscove" wrote:

http://polymerclayexpress.com/finish.html

They have 4oz flecto varathane at polymer express in gloss, semi and
satin. I like it but I haven't tried Future yet.

Ingrid
http://www.mermaidscove.com

Thanks. Their store is only about a 1/2 hour drive from me, if I have to
resort to trying Flecto again. Gloss this time, though! Satin is just gloss
with chalky opacifiers mixed in -- very disappointing!

Old May 5th 05, 02:24 AM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On Wed, 4 May 2005 13:46:00 -0400, "Marilyn" fcorliss at comcast dot net wrote:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...entPage=family
It looks like Ace hardware has it on their online site.
I also have been looking for it and not able to find it.
Marilyn

Thanks. I happened to stop at a Super Fresh instead of my regular grocery
the other day and they had it there.