New pictures from Els

Old October 12th 03, 08:24 PM
CMM PDX2

Beautiful work, Els! Love the yarn samples, luscious yarn, and oh my, those
colors. And good to see you, too. Now we can picture you happily spinning away
of an evening. Unless, of course, Otto wants you to make dinner or something..
vbg

Monica
(happy because Portland has *finally* got some rain. wheeeee!)
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old October 12th 03, 09:47 PM
Katherine Burgess

Els,
I love your colours! Why can';t the commercial dyers do that???
Katherine

Old October 12th 03, 10:23 PM
Cher

Hi Els, I'm slow catching up but went into the site today to have alook
around and ....wow...what lovely work Els.

Thanks for sharing it with us all....cher
"Martin Eccles" wrote in message
Three new photos on the site from Els. Am I up to date? If I've missed
anybody's mailing, apologies. I've been busy setting up my new web site -

my
fifth - and deleting spam!

http://www.techcopy.demon.co.uk/

By the way, I have quite a few e-mail addresses. I only use this one for
communication with the news group. This is the only e-mail address that

has
been affected by the "Microsoft" spam! Those of you who encode your email
addresses are very sensible. The spam has been falling off recently. I

have
Norton with live update installed by the way.

Cheers, Martin

http://www.cucumberpatch.com
If you ever see a pop-up on this site, please let me know.

---

Old October 12th 03, 10:31 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Cori"
wrote:

I started to just save the post for future browsing until I saw Carol's post
about a picture of Els! Put me in the curious category too. I went back to
the original post and opened that page right up!

You do beautiful work Els. Enjoyed as well seeing the artist ;D Your wheel
was a lot smaller than I've been picturing. I keep getting the image in my
head of all of you at these huge wheels that fill the entire corner of a
room (a good sized one) Creating these mountains of yarn which you further
get to play with when you use them. I keep forgetting that we the (human
race) keep striving to make everything smaller except taxes lol.

Hugs,
Cori

Ahh Cori i do have a larger wool wheel, but the Lendrum is my new
sweetheart and it spins like a dream. It packs up easily and can come
with me where ever I go.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old October 12th 03, 10:36 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

Els,
I love your colours! Why can';t the commercial dyers do that???
Katherine

Katherine I did see yarn similar to the skein I made, in our local wool
store. It was made in Japan and just to look at it was exspensive.....LOL
It would be way to dear to use it even for a scarf.

Spinning your own is neat that way. I do not think that you could earn
any money with it, it just takes to long. But for your own use or gifts
for friends and family, it works very well I find. It is also a very
soothing occupation for the mind.... Right everyone who spins.... I
find it calms you down after busy times or turbulant times.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old October 12th 03, 10:58 PM
Janise Ross

Els,

It's so nice to meet you finally! You do such lovely work! Thanks for
sharing.

And Martin, thanks again for posting these and all the other pictures.

Janise

Old October 13th 03, 12:47 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Els van Dam" wrote
Katherine I did see yarn similar to the skein I made, in our local wool
store. It was made in Japan and just to look at it was exspensive.....LOL
It would be way to dear to use it even for a scarf.

Spinning your own is neat that way. I do not think that you could earn
any money with it, it just takes to long. But for your own use or gifts
for friends and family, it works very well I find. It is also a very
soothing occupation for the mind.... Right everyone who spins.... I
find it calms you down after busy times or turbulant times.

Yes, I can see that, Els. Unfortunately, I will need to visit you to learn
how to spin. Nobody here does it. Sigh!
Katherine

Old October 13th 03, 06:45 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Janise Ross"
wrote:

Els,

It's so nice to meet you finally! You do such lovely work! Thanks for
sharing.

And Martin, thanks again for posting these and all the other pictures.

Janise

Thanks Janise, It is very nice that Martin does all this work for us a
thanks to Martin as well

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

Pictures of Designs on Websites Rachel Janzen Needlework 57 February 29th 04 08:54 PM
new pictures! Dr. Quilter Quilting 5 January 5th 04 05:03 PM
CROSSPOSTED - new pictures, even some quilt pictures!! CNYstitcher Quilting 0 December 28th 03 04:55 AM
OT - "New" Yoda Pictures! DavesFatChick Quilting 17 October 20th 03 05:29 PM