need ideas

Old March 15th 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default need ideas

A beloved former babysitter's wife is pregnant, and I'm starting to
think about a birth sampler. Now, when I do birth samplers, I don't do
cute. I usually try to tie it into the parents' interests. For example,
I did "Under the Sea" for a child of marine biologists, a
Canadian-themed sampler adaptation for Canadian friends, the child's
name spelled out in the letters from Blue Ribbon Designs "Alphabet Zoo"
(http://www.blueribbondesigns.com/). I want a sampler that can hang
beyond the child's third birthday!

Well, this guy is a pilot - not yet a major-airline commercial pilot,
but a freight pilot. He *loves* flying. I can't find much that is
adaptable to an appropriate birth sampler for his child. (Don't know the
child's gender, either! Not that that usually makes a big difference.)
Most of the plane cross stitch designs are war planes. If Amanda
Loverseed did a plane, that might suit. (Those are cute, but not so
babyish-cute.) But, alas - no planes. (yet).

Anybody know of a cute but not-too-cute plane chart? Other than this one
(http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/it...?item=08-1326), which
(no offense to the designer, it's just not my taste) makes me want to
gag (YMMV).

If I can't find a plane, I'll change to a boat, as this family used to
sail alot. And there are several "cut-thru" boat designs, and a lot of
other possibilities. But a plane would be *ideal.*

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old March 15th 10, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 3/15/10 11:18 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

[...]

Nothing that helps you, but I agree - BLECKKKKK

Old March 16th 10, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Mar 15, 10:18*am, Susan Hartman wrote:

Well, this guy is a pilot - not yet a major-airline commercial pilot,
but a freight pilot. He *loves* flying. I can't find much that is
adaptable to an appropriate birth sampler for his child.

I did a google search on "airplane cross stitch" and a number of hits
came up. There's a Jeanette Crews One-Nighter 46 aircraft designs
that you may be able to find something suitable in.

There's always the saying about giving a child wings that you could
use, too. I can't remember the exact verse but I'm sure *someone* on
here will remember it!

HTH!

Joan
Old March 16th 10, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Joan E. wrote:
...snipped....
There's always the saying about giving a child wings that you could
use, too. I can't remember the exact verse but I'm sure *someone* on
here will remember it!

HTH!

Joan

The birth sampler I did for MOI when the SMDGD was born says.....
During your life we wish you two things, One is for roots, the other is
wings. Actually a really great saying IMNSHO and you could incorporate
some trees, plants, flowers, etc. showing the roots and an airplane or
twenty up in the clouds above the growing things. Birth info could be
stitched inside the clouds or along the limbs of the tree or as part of
the plants, lots of ways to do this. HMMM -- sounds like something I
would like to put together -- in my spare time, of course -- LOLOL!
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

New QI - need some name ideas Charlotte Hippen Quilting 24 July 11th 07 02:29 PM
New and looking for ideas [email protected] Jewelry 2 April 17th 06 04:27 PM
wig jig ideas crna_ofca Beads 1 January 12th 06 03:34 PM
Ideas anyone? I'm not sure... Charlie Quilting 7 September 29th 04 09:31 PM
any ideas??? karen General Crafting 4 November 27th 03 08:12 PM