English Wheels

Old September 2nd 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Séimí mac Liam

Default English Wheels

Does anyone know of a source for a miniature English wheel?

--
Saint Séimí mac Liam
Carriagemaker to the court of Queen Maeve

Old September 3rd 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
o hai

In rec.crafts.jewelry on Tue, 02 Sep 2008 08:01:23 -0700 we were all
privileged to see a message from "S=E9im=ED mac Liam"
which readed:

Does anyone know of a source for a miniature English wheel?

Maybe you could find a metal worker to make one for you.
Old September 4th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Séimí mac Liam

o hai wrote in
:

In rec.crafts.jewelry on Tue, 02 Sep 2008 08:01:23 -0700 we were all
privileged to see a message from "S=E9im=ED mac Liam"
which readed:

Does anyone know of a source for a miniature English wheel?

Maybe you could find a metal worker to make one for you.

I can make one myself, I was wondering if anyone knew of any available.

Old September 4th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Graver

On Sep 3, 11:46*pm, "Séimí mac Liam"
wrote:
o hai wrote :

In rec.crafts.jewelry on Tue, 02 Sep 2008 08:01:23 -0700 we were all
privileged to see a message from "S=E9im=ED mac Liam"
which readed:

Does anyone know of a source for a miniature English wheel?

Maybe you could find a metal worker to make one for you.

I can make one myself, I was wondering if anyone knew of any available.

--
Saint Séimí mac Liam
Carriagemaker to the *court of Queen Maeve
Prophet of The Great Tagger
Canonized December '99

You're going to have to make one yourself, the jewelry trade uses
dapping blocks or pitch bowls to shape metal, as well as industrial
dies that may be adapted for differnt shapes. I use bamboo dowel rods
that I make to keep a smoother surface on the metal. Their shouldn,t
be any shape you couldn't make using hammers and differnt shape
punches.
Good luck.
Old September 5th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Séimí mac Liam

Graver wrote in
:

On Sep 3, 11:46*pm, "Séimí mac Liam"
wrote:
o hai wrote
:

[...]

While not stricly jewelry, I'd think that shaping things like bowls and
large compound curve objects like cuff bracelets with a wheel would make
fine finish work easier than hammers daps and horns, etc.

Spinning Wheels [email protected] Yarn 3 February 2nd 07 10:43 AM
bailey wheels Bluehowler Pottery 0 December 10th 03 04:49 AM
Wheels for Sale C. A. Sanger Pottery 0 November 9th 03 07:34 PM
wheels Lou Doll Houses 0 October 2nd 03 04:08 AM
wheels Chuck Doll Houses 1 September 25th 03 02:56 PM