Baby Quilts

Old October 13th 15, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Baby Quilts

My next project is to make several baby quilts, some of these will be flannel because winter is coming on and 2 or 3 will be cotton prints and solids all the way for next summer. Have already started on the first flannel one. It is a jungle flannel with lions, tigers, monkey and elephants and mottled beige, 6 1/2 inch squares. Will be 5 rows. 1st row will be jungle, mottled beige, jungle, mottled beige and jungle, then reversing the next row and etc.
I also have some prints of cats and dogs that are fat quarters and solids(regular material), so have cut them 5 1/2 inches squares, so have left overs which will then turn into 2 1/2 inches to make 4 squares. Then scraps from these will become a string baby quilt. I am not a person that wastes material so what is left that can not be sewn is thrown away. I like the idea of baby quilts because they will be easy to make. One quilt I might sew blocks or applique a theme.
Years ago I made a 9- 2 1/2 inch square patch block for my then future granddaughter. Since I didn't know if it was a boy or girl made the blocks pink, blue and white flannel. The quilt was wider and longer than necessary. Didn't realize how much flannel shrinks so after it was washed it was 2 1/2 inches smaller. So that taught me a lesson. Always wash flannel before cutting it. Still laughing to this very day.
Sandy$

Old October 13th 15, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

wrote in message

[...]

Good luck with all the baby quilts! Are these for family, friends, or
charity? Or "just because!" I'm working on Halloween shirts for a party,
and then I will be making blankets for a friends three G
Grandchildren, oldest is 8 yrs. I have some of the waffle weave material
for this. The scraps will be serged together in blocks of teal & white for
an extra blanket. It will be fun!
Barbara in FL

Old October 18th 15, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Bobbie Sews More or Barbara,
I am making 5 quilts, two are flannel and three are scrappy made from fat quarters of cats, dogs and monsters, but will have flannel backing. These are for charity. I am always making bigger quilts so thought it time to make some smaller ones. It has been fun doing these so should be finished sometime next week because I did not buy enough backing. Gave up my car year ago(biggest mistake I ever made) so have to take the bus. Just now got my list together of what is still needed since I decided to use flannel for all the backings. Just why can't that fabric store be down at the corner instead of 2 miles away? Laughing here.
Sandy$
Old October 18th 15, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

wrote in message

Hello Bobbie Sews More or Barbara,
I am making 5 quilts, two are flannel and three are scrappy made from
fat quarters of cats, dogs and monsters, but will have flannel backing.
These are for charity. I am always making bigger quilts so thought it time
to make some smaller ones. It has been fun doing these so should be finished
sometime next week because I did not buy enough backing. Gave up my car
year ago(biggest mistake I ever made) so have to take the bus. Just now got
my list together of what is still needed since I decided to use flannel for
all the backings. Just why can't that fabric store be down at the corner
instead of 2 miles away? Laughing here.
Sandy$

Hope it won't take long to get everything together for your quilts. Sure
is nice of you to do all this for charity. My charity sewing is flannel
blankets for infants and toddlers, and also some for the dogs & cats at the
shelter close by. We get some pretty cold mornings here in central Florida!
But right now we are 65/85 degrees. : )
Barbara in FL waiting for tswloh to have their flannel sale

Old October 19th 15, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Bobbie Sews More" wrote in message

Hope it won't take long to get everything together for your quilts. Sure
is nice of you to do all this for charity. My charity sewing is flannel
blankets for infants and toddlers, and also some for the dogs & cats at the
shelter close by. We get some pretty cold mornings here in central Florida!
But right now we are 65/85 degrees. : )
Barbara in FL waiting for tswloh to have their flannel sale

Sorry, that should have been tswlth

baby quilts! Estelle Gallagher Quilting 4 February 16th 09 07:31 PM
Baby Quilts felwyn Quilting 13 August 24th 08 07:22 PM
baby quilts Anne Rogers Quilting 4 February 21st 07 06:53 AM
baby quilts done Roberta Zollner Quilting 13 April 4th 06 01:04 PM
Baby Quilts [email protected] Quilting 5 November 19th 03 03:22 PM