A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rhoda E. Wicker's passing

Old November 17th 16, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elizabeth Bennefeld
external usenet poster

Default Rhoda E. Wicker's passing

I am Rhoda E. Wicker's daughter. I am writing back to follow up on previous, recent messages concerning her health.

My mother passed away quietly, in her sleep, about two months from her admission under Hospice to a care facility a fifteen-minute drive from our home.. She died this past Tuesday, 15 November 2016. While in Hospice care she received several cards/letters from members of this group, for which we thank you. I also passed along related messages on r.c.t.q.

I will be maintaining her Quilting/Family website (rhodaberry.wordpress.com) along with my own for as long as I am able. (Your parents start dying off, you start looking nervously over your shoulder, you know. Oldest generation and such.)
And Rhoda's email account...well, we/the family have lost access to it, but my email is on Mother's website if for any reason you should want/need to contact me.

Again, thank you for being a joyous presence in Rhoda's life.

Sincere regards,
Elizabeth

P.S. I've got her Janome, now. Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to use it.

Ads
Old November 18th 16, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More
external usenet poster

"Elizabeth Bennefeld" wrote in message

I am Rhoda E. Wicker's daughter. I am writing back to follow up on previous,
recent messages concerning her health.

My mother passed away quietly, in her sleep, about two months from her
admission under Hospice to a care facility a fifteen-minute drive from our
home. She died this past Tuesday, 15 November 2016. While in Hospice care
she received several cards/letters from members of this group, for which we
thank you. I also passed along related messages on r.c.t.q.

I will be maintaining her Quilting/Family website (rhodaberry.wordpress.com)
along with my own for as long as I am able. (Your parents start dying off,
you start looking nervously over your shoulder, you know. Oldest generation
and such.)
And Rhoda's email account...well, we/the family have lost access to it, but
my email is on Mother's website if for any reason you should want/need to
contact me.

Sincere regards,
Elizabeth

P.S. I've got her Janome, now. Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to
use it.

Thank you for letting us know!
Barbara, Summer in SC, winter in FL

Old November 25th 16, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner
external usenet poster

On 17/11/16 21:41, Elizabeth Bennefeld wrote:
I am Rhoda E. Wicker's daughter. I am writing back to follow up on previous, recent messages concerning her health.

My mother passed away quietly, in her sleep, about two months from her admission under Hospice to a care facility a fifteen-minute drive from our home. She died this past Tuesday, 15 November 2016. While in Hospice care she received several cards/letters from members of this group, for which we thank you. I also passed along related messages on r.c.t.q.

I will be maintaining her Quilting/Family website (rhodaberry.wordpress.com) along with my own for as long as I am able. (Your parents start dying off, you start looking nervously over your shoulder, you know. Oldest generation and such.)
And Rhoda's email account...well, we/the family have lost access to it, but my email is on Mother's website if for any reason you should want/need to contact me.

Sincere regards,
Elizabeth

P.S. I've got her Janome, now. Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to use it.

Hi Elizabeth

I'm Janner from France.

I remember Rhoda and I passed this message on to our FB page and we are
all sorry to hear of your loss and remember what a talented lady she
was. Condolences to you and all of her family.

Regards

Janner France
Old December 3rd 16, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elizabeth Bennefeld
external usenet poster

On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 1:44:52 PM UTC-6, Janner wrote:
On 17/11/16 21:41, Elizabeth Bennefeld wrote:

My mother passed away quietly, in her sleep, about two months from her admission under Hospice to a care facility a fifteen-minute drive from our home. She died this past Tuesday, 15 November 2016. While in Hospice care she received several cards/letters from members of this group, for which we thank you. I also passed along related messages on r.c.t.q.

I will be maintaining her Quilting/Family website (rhodaberry.wordpress..com) along with my own for as long as I am able. (Your parents start dying off, you start looking nervously over your shoulder, you know. Oldest generation and such.)

Sincere regards,
Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth

I'm Janner from France.

I remember Rhoda and I passed this message on to our FB page and we are
all sorry to hear of your loss and remember what a talented lady she
was. Condolences to you and all of her family.

Regards

Janner France

Thank you, Janner! We are preparing for the celebration of her life this coming Friday. I will pass on your condolences to the rest of the family. The funeral home (wrightfuneral dot com) put together a nice video from the photographs of her that we gathered. I keep rewatching.

Best wishes,
Elizabeth