Polly's Quilt

Old June 27th 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Default Polly's Quilt

O.K. everyone lets get after her. She has always said she could never
do a quilt that would stand the test of a quilt show.

The bi-annual show in Hattiesburg, MS is coming up this fall and she
still has time to enter.

The show has re-located to the convention center and will be held for
three days instead of two.

So lets bombard her with e-mails urging her to enter so everyone in
this area can see her beautiful work and Louise's beautiful machine
quilting.

Come on now... Polly--- Polly Quilt show--- Quilt show.

Kate T. South Mississippi
Old June 27th 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

I think there should also be a picture sent to Fons & Porter since it
was from their magazine. This quilt deserves NATIONAL credit.
Wonderful.
Anna Belle

Old June 27th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's a great idea.
When I sent a quilt I'd made from Jennie Rayment techniques, to her, she
was thrilled and put it on her website g
As did Carol Doak, when I sent her one, from her alphabet patterns.

They do like feedback - just like us g
..
In message , "Anna
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 27th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
allisonh

Oh yes - it would be a shame not to let this quilt go to the show.
Go for it Polly!
Allison

Old June 27th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

I insist she do both the quilt show and send a photo to Fons and
Porter. At least the Fons and Porter part we can do without her help.
Louiseiniowa can't you just forward the photos on your website to Fons
and Porter? How about someone asking Mr Ester about entering the quilt
in the show. Didn't she say she gave it to him as a gift? Yes, the
world needs to enjoy this masterpiece of color. So many quilters today
are just following the pattern or worse yet buying a kit and exactly
duplicating the sample. We need inspiration from Polly to step out on
our own.

Susan

Old June 27th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Okay, Ladies. Put your pom-poms down. I've enjoyed sharing the quilt here
with friends (I have, I have) but that's as far as it goes. Sneaking in
post offices to see if they still have my picture posted on the 'Wanted'
bulletin board cured me of any urge to attract attention. Polly

Old June 27th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I don't think I would put Mr. Esther through the worry of the quilt
being out of his sight. I do think you should send a photo off to
F&P though.
Taria

Old June 27th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Some of us are 'enterers' and some of us are just as happy with sharing our
work here. That's the beauty of the internet....being able to share here.

Polly, I'm glad you DID share with us.

I'm keeping quiet on whether or not you should enter.

Butterfly (That's a personal thing.)

Polly's gators Sandy Foster Quilting 109 June 29th 06 03:56 PM
OT from Polly's preacher Polly Esther Quilting 5 December 13th 05 03:04 PM
OT Polly's Gators? Diana Curtis Quilting 15 August 9th 05 11:09 AM
For Polly's Gators Butterfly Quilting 4 April 6th 05 02:59 PM