You asked for pictures

Old June 27th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default You asked for pictures

We've had terrible storms and this may be a duplicate post.

If 'pride goeth before a fall', I am about to break my neck. The quilt I
made for DH is now safely quilted and home and it's a Knock your Socks off
beauty.
The quilt began as a Christmas quilt from Fons & Porter '05. Naturally,
I couldn't leave well enough alone so there's some hot pink polka dots and a
dash of purple tossed in.
When my sweetheart of nearly 60 years saw it, he teared up and said, "I
wish my Mama could see this". A man of few words, that's as great as praise
ever gets.
Our own Louise Nieland quilted it and I can't wait for you to see her
join hand and heart with me to create a masterpiece. Oh my. You can
celebrate with us. Go to http://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa
and it's the first one, 2008 quilts. Happy Polly ...off to look for a neck
brace

Old June 27th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Stunning!!!!

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old June 27th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Oh, my, Polly. That is just stunning. It takes my break away.

-Irene

Old June 27th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

WOW!
Miss Polly, beautiful! I'm sure it will be Christmas in June & July in your
bedroom this year. Please tell me you don't have the will power to wait till
December???

Louise the quilting is perfect for the quilt. I took some close looks as
I've been trying to decide how to quilt one that I have been working on and
some of your ideas may work on mine. Not that my efforts will be as even and
professional looking!

Great collaboration ladies!

Marilyn
in Alberta, Canada

Old June 27th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is so wonderful Polly. You did an absolutely beautiful job and
Louise finished it off perfect. I hope somehow Mr. Esther's mama
is looking down on you both and that quilt. I'm so glad you are
able to share it with us. It truly is a thing to be proud of.
Dancing in the desert for you,
Taria

Old June 27th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Uff Da!!

Val

Old June 27th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

The quilt that inspired me was done simply in a grid pattern. Phooey. I
asked Louise to just leave the quilt hanging around until it told her what
it wanted. Rule One when sending a quilt to a longarmer is supposed to be
to say what you want. All I wanted was music. Louise has veins on the
leaves, teensy stippling to emphasize the 1" squares, arcs in the setting
triangles . . . it just goes on and on.
The worst of this is for Louise. Her Mama brought friends by to see our
quilt and wants Louise to make one for her. I dunno. That rascal has
something like 416" of vines. With thanks to Miss Bernina, I stitched those
green vines down with red thread. I'm probably a show-off. =) Yes.
Probably. Polly

Old June 27th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Polly, that quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! And Louise's quilting sets it off
to a tee!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old June 27th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I just wish all of you would have been lucky enough to see Polly's beautiful
work up close and personal. It was such a thrill to work on it - she did
such a nice job! And yes, it's true - my mother fell in love with the quilt
(as mentioned in a later email) and has been hinting very strongly that
she'd love to have one like it. But to be honest, this one had Polly written
all over it, and I could never begin to create one that Mom would like as
much!

Polly's DH did have a bit of worry when I lost my Internet connection and we
were in the midst of flooding here in the Cedar Rapids area, but we assured
him we were high and dry, and I think he relaxed some. I think both he and I
were pretty darned happy when the quilt arrived back home today, though!

The colors/fabrics Polly used are captivating - it seemed we (my DH, my mom,
my sister, me) found something new every time we looked at it. What you
can't see in the pictures are that many of them are three-dimensional -
ruched, I think you call it - and they were done just perfectly. I always
suspected she did fine work, and I can definitely vouch for her now. We may
have to take up a collection to buy her a digital camera so we can have the
chance to see the rest of her work!
--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com