The Festival of February Electric Quilt 6 Competition

Old February 10th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
auntiedotcom

Default The Festival of February Electric Quilt 6 Competition

The Festival of February Electric Quilt 6 Competition
The great people at Electric Quilt have donated a full copy of
Electric Quilt to Quiltzine - which we will give away on April 15th,
2007.

This is a competition contest - which means you must create a block to
enter.

There are three prizes, First, Second, and Third.

You must use a block pattern published on Quiltzine.com prior to March
1st, 2007.
A list of blocks available may be found by clicking on the Free Quilt
Blocks button.
Your block must be unfinished (meaning no sashing, binding, etc.) 12
(twelve) inches square.
You must use 100% (one hundred percent) prewashed cotton fabric in the
construction of your block.
You may enter as many times as you wish, but each block must be
different.
Your block must be received by postal mail no later than April 5th,
2007.
Entries will NOT be returned unless you include a return envelope with
the correct address and appropriate postage already afixed.
Contest is limited to residents of United States and Canada, including
Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
You must register your intent to enter the contest. Details will be
provided on March 1st, 2007.
The winners will be chosen based on workmanship, fabric selection,
color composition, and overall appeal to our judges..
First prize is a full copy of Electric Quilt 6.
Second prize is a $75 gift card from JoAnn.com
Third prize is a $50 gift card from JoAnn.com
Judges decisions are final. In the event the winner does not respond
to the winning notification email and/or telephone call within 72
hours, prizes will be awarded to an alternate competitor.
Email Newsletter Contest

You must be a member of our email newsletter list, and have provided
your mailing address and phone number.
Subscribe to the list by clicking here or using the box on the upper
right corner of this page.
One winner will be chosen on April 15th, 2007 from the subscriber
list.
Winner must respond within 72 hours of receiving the notification
email.
The prize is a $100 gift card from JoAnn.com

Yahoo Group Contest

You must be a member of our Yahoo Group on the day the prize is
drawn.
Subscribe to the list by clicking here or using the button on the left
menu of this page.
One winner will be chosen on a date that will not be announced from
the subscriber list - so read your EQBlocks messages every day!
The selected winner must respond to an email notice that will be
published on the Yahoo Group within 72 hours..
The prize is a $100 gift certificate from JoAnn.com

For more information, visit http://www.quiltzine.com

Thanks - and good luck!

Old February 10th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MaleQuilter

Surely there is a friendler way to say all of this.

Jerry in North Alabama

Old February 11th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
auntiedotcom

Arghh! I didn't mean to make the rules sound so serious - but I've
run so many contests online, there always seem to be those two people
who try to fudge the rules if they are not totally explicit.

I used to give away loads of stuff - but then the sweeps enthusiasts
invented this Robotool to automatically enter sweeps - and I was
getting thousands of entries from people who really didn't care a hoot
about quilting.

I feel really bad now that I seem unfriendly - I'm not - I was just in
a dreadful hurry to get the rules up so people would have time to
enter.

Quiltzine has been around since 1996 - and I haven't updated it much
in the past couple of years, for various reasons.

One of my resolutions for this year was to get the thing going again -
and my hope is that folks will click on the Amazon and Joann's links
often enough to cover the server fees.

There are so few "free content" sites out there anymore - and to be
honest, if the site isn't self-supporting by June 1st, I am probably
going to have to come up with some sort of subscription or paid
downloads or something myself.

I actually appreciate your comments - I am going to go look at those
rules again and see if I can make them less sterile.. LOL!

LOL - I agree! I stopped reading after the 4th 'You MUST..."

Old February 11th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MaleQuilter

It was just a friendly jab. Good luck with you site.

Jerry in North Alabama

Old February 11th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

auntiedotcom wrote:
[...]

What a pity that those of us living out of USA/Canada can't enter.

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old February 11th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
auntiedotcom

What a pity that those of us living out of USA/Canada can't enter.

It's all those international laws - but I do have an idea that might
work for a later contest.

April

Old February 11th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

which laws?? no law here says I can't be sent something (non $$) in the mail
that I won

I'm asking as I always hear of laws that stop me but there aren't any here
*to* stop me except the rules in the competitions - heck if I make a quilt
good enough I could win Houston with no problems law wise and take the
goodies home g

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old February 11th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
auntiedotcom

which laws?? no law here says I can't be sent something (non $$) in the mail
that I won

The problem is that there are literally hundreds of countries outside
the US and Canada, and many of them have different laws regarding
contests and competitions.

It would take weeks, maybe months, to research which countries allow
me to send prizes. US export laws prohibit the sending of certain
kinds of software to some countries, and the laws of some countries
prohibit receipt of certain kinds of software.

I'm just the one person. I am not independently wealthy, I have a
very busy life outside the web - if you want to enter the contest, ask
a US or Canadian friend to let you borrow their address and phone
number.

I'm not going to check, who could know who lives at what address?

April
http://www.quiltzine.com

Old February 12th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

well they best way to deal with that is just to say: that people are only
eligible in countries that allow such competitions and that you yourself are
not responsible if someone enters and can't receive the prize. people do
know the rules in their own countries and can be responsible for entering.

Old February 13th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Jessamy : In theory, your suggestion is good. A problem
could arise if a person wins and the contest
organizer (in this case, April) has to investigate the
laws of the winner's country. IMO, that might be
expecting a bit too much from a small business owner. I
only enter a contest where it specifies I am permitted.
PAT