Rotary blades are sharp

Old February 6th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Rotary blades are sharp

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

Well, DUH!! This is a public service announcement. When
you are handling your rotary cutter, please remember
that the blade is sharp. This is true even if you are
using a circle cutter with teeny tiny blades. Those
cute little blades are capable of cutting at least two
fingers!! So, be careful. Now ... back to our regularly
scheduled quilting.
PAT in Virginia
PS: The typing is messy because of the band-aids on two
fingers of my left hand.

Ouch! I'm sorry you had to discover that the hard way, Pat, and I hope
you'll be feeling better soon. Remember, though, that doing dishes and
other housework will be out of the question for the time being! You
wouldn't want the cuts to get infected, would you?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old February 6th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Ouch! You didn't get blood on the fabric, did you? Or worse, on the
chocolate???

Wendy (want me to kiss that boo-boo for you?)

Old February 7th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

So sorry about the injury! I will be extra careful in the future, thanks to
your sterling example.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old February 7th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

Gentle cyber-kisses for your wounded fingers. As others have mentioned,
cleaning, scrubbing and dishes are a no-no for a little while. Another
warning: make sure that there's NOTHING but the fabric you're cutting on the
mat - just messed up a new blade by running into a "hiding" pin! Daggone,
we all need reminders to be careful!...
ME-Judy

Old February 7th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
laurel727

On Feb 6, 3:05 pm, Pat in Virginia wrote:
Well, DUH!! This is a public service announcement. When
you are handling your rotary cutter, please remember
that the blade is sharp.

hoping fingers better real soon. i might have possible solution for
everyone. i'm one of those ppl who cuts the absolutely wrong way,
towards myself. this of course causes everyone to go nuts, esp when
i'm teaching a class. NOT GOOD!!! anyway, my s-i-l works in the
automotive industry, and he gave me a pair of kevlar gloves, the kind
that he uses when he's doing all sorts of engine work. they work
great!!! can run a brand new blade over whole hand and the blade does
not cut thru, altho silk pins do poke thru. now when i teach, i wear
at least one on my left hand, and no more worries. life is good

rotary cutter blades Christina in Ok Quilting 37 April 30th 05 04:47 AM
rotary cutter blades Becky Quilting 2 May 6th 04 09:37 AM
Rotary Pinking Blades and Mats Derek Hartmann Quilting 3 January 2nd 04 01:23 PM
Pinking Shears or Rotary Pinking Blades Derek Hartmann Quilting 0 December 29th 03 04:23 PM
Just a Reminder about sharp rotary blades QuiltShopHopper Quilting 12 November 8th 03 01:25 AM