OT - Sing for this sinner!

Old February 22nd 05, 07:58 PM
bluemaxx

Default OT - Sing for this sinner!

Well, the cold turned into the flu. The flu turned into pneumonia.
So... I just spent the last 5 days and 4 nights in the hospital,
listening to an elderly black lady across the hall. She sang gospel
songs night and day, all at the top of her lungs. Can you say
earplugs?

Well, the poor dear got progressively weaker and weaker in her singing.
I started out listening to her shouted songs as a major irritant and as
a cause for my high blood pressure... but ended up listening to her
weakening songs with a great sense of respect for this little old woman
who had such a strong zest for life.

Hugs for everyone... you are *all* special to this group and don't let
anyone ever say differently.

hugZ,
Linda
not Linda2, not Linda1... just Linda cuz I was here first, damnit.

Old February 22nd 05, 09:45 PM
Bead Carol

{{{{{Linda}}}}} Sure hope you are back to 100% VERY soon!

Carol

Old February 22nd 05, 10:55 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

OMTP!

ups.com...

Old February 23rd 05, 12:04 AM
bluemaxx

Thanks Carol & Barbara. I'm still pretty sick... I'm not outta the
woods yet, but at least I'm home-again-home-again, thank G*d.

Now... if something could just get that song "Rockin' Pneumonia and the
Boogie-Woogie Flu" outta my head, I'd be a happy camper. lol... the
little old lady at the hospital helped me for awhile with her hymnals,
but now that I'm home alone, that's all I can hear... and the radio
ain't even turned on. :Þ
--
hugZ,
Linda
not Linda2, not Linda1... just Linda cuz I was here first, damnit.

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in
message ...
: OMTP!
:
:
: ups.com...

Old February 23rd 05, 12:25 AM
Dr. Sooz

OMG -- you poor sweetie. I'm glad you're home at last.
{{{{{{{{Linda}}}}}}}

Old February 23rd 05, 04:44 AM
Kalera Stratton

Oh, gosh! I'm glad you're better now, and hope that the poor
gospel-singer is also OK.

http://www.beadwife.com
Old February 23rd 05, 09:37 AM
Christina Peterson

Hi Linda, This flu/cold/crap has been biting my ass too. I'm just
exhausted, but have not been so sick like you. Be very careful to take all
the care of yourself you need. Treat yourself as well as you would treat
someone else you love.

Tina

Old February 23rd 05, 01:34 PM
Peggy

Linda, I'm so sorry to read that you've been in the hospital! Of course if
I'd known I'd have sent hugs and well wishes sooner.

P.S. That's a beautiful sentiment, and I agree completely:

Old February 23rd 05, 01:54 PM
Beadbimbo

Glad you're feeling better, Linda!

Have you missed the serenading, since you've been home?

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 23rd 05, 09:13 PM
bluemaxx

Sooz, Kalera & Tina... thanks for your kind words.
I still feel like a lump of ****, but my fever is down and I can
breathe easier than I was breathing. Give me a week or so of straight
sleeping and I'll be good to go again.
hugz,
Linda

Giddyup Sing Along :-) L. Kelly Yarn 2 September 12th 03 08:33 PM
Giddyup Sing Along :-) L. Kelly Needlework 0 September 12th 03 10:01 AM
Giddyup Sing Along :-) L. Kelly Sewing 0 September 12th 03 10:01 AM