Stitcher's World magazine

Old October 13th 04, 01:41 AM
Villagplhs

Default Stitcher's World magazine

Just for everyone's information, Herrschners closed the office of Stitcher's
World in Norcross GA (Atlanta) today, fired ALL of the staff, and is packing
the offices to take back to WI. No advanced notice was given. Employees were
told to pack up and leave immediately.
Old October 13th 04, 01:31 PM
Fred

I would have thought that there were laws to provide better treatment for
the employees. If nothing else at least a little notice.
Perhaps Norcross will be better off with such an employer out of there.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof",
"Oriental Maiden".
W.I.L. - "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

Old October 13th 04, 01:53 PM
Stitchy Kitty Designs

Wow, I wonder what happened? Where did you hear about this, was it
posted online somewhere?

Michelle
Stitchy Kitty
http://www.stitchykitty.com

Old October 13th 04, 03:13 PM
D.M.Evans

http://www.printbindery.com/021_prin...ustry_news.htm It isn't in the
news as yet. Didn't find any hits on my internet search. What they did is
pretty much standard here for a failing or downsizing company. They never
get advanced notices, the severance packages come later.

Darlene

Old October 13th 04, 04:11 PM
Brenda

I'd like some confirmation from someone who is at least willing to sign
his/her posts before I get into a dither. The magazine's website is
still up and there is no mention on there.

--
Brenda
Old October 13th 04, 11:57 PM
Carla Stewart

I'm coming out of lurkdom to reply to this. I think people have gotten their
information criss crossed. Crazy for Cross Stitch is ceasing publication.
This link was posted in another group that I'm on. My subscription doesn't
expire until D/J 2005. I've sent them an email to inquire about a refund
for the issues I won't be receiving. I'm not happy!

http://www.crazyforcrossstitch.com/a...criptions.html

Carla in KY
WIP: 'Heirloom Memory Sampler' by The Victoria Sampler
http://community.webshots.com/user/cjsstewart7

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
From: Brenda

I'd like some confirmation from someone who is at least willing to sign
his/her posts before I get into a dither. The magazine's website is
still up and there is no mention on there.

The magazine will still be in production. It's just that the offices

here in
the Atlanta area were apparently closed and everything moved to Wisconsin

(I
think). I doubt if the magazine will tell anyone anything as technically,
there is no need to. CiaoMeow ^;;^
.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties

their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

Old October 14th 04, 12:57 AM
Brenda

The original poster has written to me privately to explain how the
information was obtained. The Norcross office is closed although that
doesn't necessarily mean the end of the magazine. It also doesn't mean
it will keep going since everyone was dismissed. This kind of stuff stinks!

Old October 14th 04, 01:03 AM

Ok, here's the scoop. Stitcher's World magazine will still be published.
However, it will NOT be the same magazine. The staff in Georgia loved that
magazine and put their heart and soul into it. Jules Bekker, the publisher
and editor, is so talented; it won't be the same quality magazine without
her vision (trust me on this).

I don't know who the editor in Wisconsin will be. The staff was told
yesterday that the magazine would be moving. This is well within the rights
of the owner of any business. What I personally take issue with (I guess
I'm biased because I know all of the people and respect Jules so much) is
the fact the people were terminated with no notice. They were given 45
minutes to clean out their desks and leave the premises. You have no idea
how much work goes into putting out a quality magazine. For the last year,
they have been doing it with a staff of five plus one part-time person.
They put in well over 40 hours a week and deserved to be treated with more
respect!

I know I will be canceling my subscription because I won't financially
support a company that treats employees this way.

Janet