Big hair net hair nets =snood [terminology European.]

Old January 14th 04, 12:18 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Big hair net hair nets =snood [terminology European.]

About 50 grams of quite Thick but pluffy wool , a crochet hook 6mm [9 orI
USA ] a 50 cm ribbon in matching color.
make 4 ch. close into circle with sl. st.. in this circle crochet 7 sc,
and close circle with sl st , {close all rounds with a sl st.!!!!!}
round 1: ch 5,* 1dc in the following sc, ch3,* etc... [ 7 Loops]
round2: 5ch* 1 dc in the following dc, ch3, 1dc in next dc, ch3 1dc on the
ch3 [this is an increase] , ch3 * etc.
round 3+4: ch5, 1dc on the ch3, ch3, 1dc on the following dc, ch3, 1dc on
the next dc, ch3, * etc
round 5: ch5, 1dc in next dc, ch3, *etc
round6:ch5, 1dc in next dc, ch3, 1 dc in next dc, , ch 3, 1dc in next dc,
ch 3, 1dc on ch 3 , ch 3 *etc
round 7-8-9 as round 5
round 10: ch5, 1dc on ch3, ch3, 1dc on nextdc, ch 3 , 1dc on next dc ,
ch3, 1dc on next dc , ch 3 * etc,
round 111-12 as 5,
round 13 : 2 dc in each loop of ch3,
now finnish threads Neatly and take the ribbon through the last round .
Collect you hair Neatly put hair ne above Forhead , tuck allhair into and
adjust ribbon so that it holds net in place , you might hold it in place
with 2 hair pins [ a little above your ears !
i have worked this pattern from an old Hairnet my mother wore In WW2 in
Switerland 1942-45.
mirjam