Hallowe'en: OT

Old October 7th 03, 05:28 AM
Tink

Default Hallowe'en: OT

Ok. We admit it. We're Hallowe'en junkies. And this is the first time we've
lived in a real honest to goodness neighborhood where kids go trick or
treating. We both moved from the boondocks to an apartment building.
Ahhhh... Yet another benefit of having a house in an actual neighborhood!

Today was Prairieson's birthday, so after we went out to dinner, we went to
a Hallowe'en store. Oh my. We both found our costumes (both similar, and
very cool and scary!) and he bought a black light and a FOG MACHINE! We have
a WAY cool LARGE porch as is common with these 100 year old homes, and it's
already loaded with pumpkins and such.

We're going to create a cemetery in the front yard, complete with fog of
course, and spooky sounds and black lights... It should be a blast!

Does anyone else here get into Hallowe'en like we do? I would be surprised
if there isn't. LOL!

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

Old October 7th 03, 05:55 AM
Tink

Oh my! I think he and Prairieson (who turned 48 today) would get along
famously! He's been carving us some gorgeous pumpkins... They look
incredible when lit! I'll try to get some pics once we have the place
wickedly decorated.

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Tink"
:

]Does anyone else here get into Hallowe'en like we do? I would be

surprised
]if there isn't. LOL!

my kid brother. who just turned 48?
he has a whole collection of full-head masks.
and he rides his motorcycle around in full regalia.
he's 6'4" WITHOUT the masks.
my mother made him a floor-length black satin cape lined with red
satin with a large stand-up collar.

one year, he showed up at my house to see my 4-year-old dressed as a
lizard - with the full mask - complete with red tongue the zapped out
at you. DD was very brave. she saw him coming through the window. on
his motorcycle. in a VERY shaky voice, she answered the door with her
bowl of candy and "Y-y-ou w-w-want s-s-s-some c-c-c-candy, Unca Mike?"
and even when he took the mask OFF, he had his face painted with green
scales underneath.

he is also heavily into pumpkin carving. incredibly elaborate pumpkin
carving. now, people hire him beforehand to carve pumpkins for them.
needless to say, his bar on Halloween night is not to be believed.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old October 7th 03, 08:46 AM
starlia

I love Halloween and always have. However DH is a non-Halloweener.

Our neighbors set up some cool decorations this week. I walked Trinkett and
went inside to get him to walk down the sidewalk. They have strobbing
lights, lighted footprints on the lawn that seem to actually take steps, and
cool orange lights.

We are in an honest to goodness neighborhood too. I was thinking about
throwing a party with adults and the kids. I think it would be a blast.

Old October 7th 03, 03:58 PM
Diana Curtis

I love the part of making costumes for my kids, and carving pumpkins is a
chance to do some really funky art work. I dont do up the whole yard or
anything because I we lived out in the country and no one would have seen
it, but I loved taking DS out for trick or treats and admiring what others
have done to make the holiday more exciting for the kids, and themselves. I
can hardly wait till DD is old enough to want to go too!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old October 7th 03, 05:09 PM
Dr. Sooz

Does anyone else here get into Hallowe'en like we do? I would be surprised
if there isn't. LOL!

YES -- I had haunted houses long before the current craze. My mom started
haunting in 1962, and I carried on the tradition.

We run around (in costume) to the neighbors here, with bowls of candy, but we
only get one or two groups of kids (from neighbors who know us) so we don't go
all-out anymore. I did a whole-hog haunted house for a few years when I lived
in the country, but I was at the end of a dead-end street there, and for
several years I got NOBODY. I'd just sit around in my ghoul or vampire
costume, with the soundtrack on, and my dogs looking at me like I'd lost my
human mind.

So I don't do it anymore. It's a lot of work, I get completely exhausted, and
no one shows up? Forget it! We do already have pumpkins, and orange lights
strung up in our windows, though -- I refuse to let go of the celebration
completely. :-) Ohhhh.....a FOG MACHINE?!?!??!?! sob!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old October 7th 03, 05:10 PM
Dr. Sooz

Vicki, where's your brother's bar?!?!?!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old October 7th 03, 07:39 PM
Dr. Sooz

]Vicki, where's your brother's bar?!?!?!

San Ramon

~running to get in the car~
Woops -- what's the name? You can email me with it if you don't want to post
it here....
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old October 7th 03, 10:22 PM
Cheryl

We're going to create a cemetery in the front yard, complete with fog of
course, and spooky sounds and black lights... It should be a blast!

Does anyone else here get into Hallowe'en like we do? I would be surprised
if there isn't. LOL!

Tink - I used to -- when the boys were young we had tons of fun. I have BOXES
of Halloween stuff in storage.. .LOL
but no time these days---
maybe another year I'll drag it all out and decorate again.
I love Halloween too...
Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old October 9th 03, 06:13 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Tink" wrote:

[...]

I LOVE Halloween and I always dress up every year and do a big
jack-o-lantern display on my porch... but this year I haven't even
started and I already feel overwhelmed by the idea. There's just too
much for me to do, and no way for me to do it.

--
-Kalera

---------

http://www.beadwife.com
auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe

Best Halloween bead yet bluemaxx Beads 3 October 6th 03 08:43 PM
Glass Axis Hallowe'en Party: Anyone Going? OT Tink Beads 1 September 6th 03 05:33 AM
Halloween beads! Christina Peterson Beads 19 September 1st 03 07:58 PM
Hallowe'en Beads: Find 'em, Show 'em! Joan Eckard Beads 5 August 28th 03 08:09 PM