Creative? Talented? New Updates at Help 2 Succeed

Old May 12th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
ilia

Default Creative? Talented? New Updates at Help 2 Succeed

* Software Giveaway of The Day - the best commercial software titles -
for free, ethically - every day. Click on this link:
http://www.help-2-succeed.com/main/i...r/categories/8

* The Brand New World Directory of Creative & Talented Folks at Help 2
Succeed. The update is being done to handle expansion and security.
The New Directory is he
http://www.help-2-succeed.com/h2s_world_directory.html

* Brand Quick Start Guides to market your artistic creations in the
FREE marketplace:

1. Artist Only Classifieds:
http://www.help-2-succeed.com/main/index.php?q=node/157

2. Original Creations Online Auctions:
http://www.help-2-succeed.com/main/index.php?q=node/160

3. To locate the Quick Start Guides for other services, select
Quick Start in the Menu
(http://www.help-2-succeed.com/main/index.php?q=node/20) - a
sub-menu will open and you can select the guides to get started in the
Free Marketplace and in the Community

* Stay Tuned for the three Bi-Monthly Juried Competitions that One
Planet Magazine and Help 2 Succeed are sponsoring.

TIP: If you cannot click on the links, please copy and paste to a new
browser window.

Old May 13th 07, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

Peter, is this person going to post every week?

--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com
Old May 13th 07, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Sun, 13 May 2007 00:04:27 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Marilee J. Layman"
wrote:

Peter, is this person going to post every week?

On Sat, 12 May 2007 03:11:03 GMT, ilia wrote:

* Software Giveaway of The Day

The posted ad/notice appears to be for a site that says it's free and to help
artists, etc. While this is not specific to the jewelry topic, it's also not
apparently a commercial ad, at least not in any major way that I've noticed. The
problem is that while r.c.j. is not intended for advertising, I do generally
allow notices/ads for educational opportunities, or "public service" when
appropriate, and anything sent by Ganokson.com. Ganoksin is by far the most
active discussion forum regarding jewelry related topics on the net, and an
undisputed beneficial influence, thus deserving of the free access to post
notices here. But if I allow them, at what point do I decide that another
poster who says they're also attempting a free/non-commercial aid to artists
(which can include jewelery artists, of course), should not be allowed. A
quick search for posts from this poster on Google groups suggests that she has
been rather actively promoting this as well as other more commercially oriented
notices on other groups. Should this matter at all? My inclination says no, so
long as rules for this group are followed by posters to this group, regardless
of what they do elsewhere on the net. Do you all agree with this?

Perhaps I need to remind Ilia to be conservative on ad frequency, since the
charter does limit all advertisers to only one ad per month (has this been an
observed problem? I'm not aware of an excess frequency, but admit I've not been
checking dates...). Or perhaps I need to insist that the "[ADVERT]" tag
requirement be followed. Opinions?

I'd enjoy hearing feedback from readers of the group on this regard. Do you
object to these notices (or others, like from Ganoksin too...), or do you feel
they are indeed a service to the group and jewelry community that warrants their
being allowed?

Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry