completely OT - asthma and ozone update

Old August 27th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default completely OT - asthma and ozone update

I am improving, blue lips are now only occasionally mottled throughout the
day, and I can think more clearly, am not so tired always, chest pains gone,
breathing better, etc. Which air filter did I finally decide on? NONE!!!
Yep. See, DH was out of town when I started to collapse and couldn't think
straight, so I reached out to you. I was confused, and your well-meant and
good advice was confusing to me. But someone, I don't remember who, just
straight out said - Go turn that ozone machine off! So I did. I started to
do better the next day. And the next. I went out for something, and when I
came back I noticed something unique to my three years of living here. My
house smelled very good. Well! hmmm........ So that bad smell was - you
got it - the ozone! I almost went too far with it, because of ignorance and
marketing, etc. Jack, please accept my apologies, I was literally not in my
right mind. I couldn't hear what you were saying. My research since has
scared me to death. The weather turned nice yesterday and I have the
additional help of having the windows open for 24 hours now, and what a
change. Oh my. Oh my. And as far as I can find, fresh air and time is the
only antidote for overexposure to ozone gas. Fresh air, and good friends
who will through you a life line. : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies
working on the Starflake today!

Old August 27th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I'm so very glad to hear this Karen. What a wealth of knowledge in this
group. I wish you continued improvement on your health status.
Take care.
--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old August 27th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

So glad you are feeling so much better. I know that when the weather turns
cooler I always open the windows and let the fresh air in. I feel a lot
better then. Thanks for letting us know.
Barbara in cooler 90 degree SC

Old August 27th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

So very pleased to hear all this, Karen.
Reading what you were saying that day was so very scary.
How wonderful to have actually found the source of the problem.
..
In message uXFAi.60828$Xa3.55056@attbi_s22, "Karen, Queen of
Squishies" writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 27th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

wow, who knew.
i thot those ozone machines were supposed to clean the air.
did you start feeling bad soon after you starting using it?
does it have a filter of some kind?
totally confuddled by them. iirc my mom used one in calif
but she was very old and always ill so hard to know if it was that or just
her.
i'm ever so glad to hear you're on the mend now.
you rest and take it slowly, eh.
big hugz {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Karen}}}}}}}}}}}}}
jeanne
where living in the middle of the ocean keeps the air pretty clean, i hope

Old August 27th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

I am improving, blue lips are now only occasionally mottled throughout the
day, and I can think more clearly, am not so tired always, chest pains gone,
breathing better, etc. Which air filter did I finally decide on? NONE!!!
Yep. See, DH was out of town when I started to collapse and couldn't think
straight, so I reached out to you. I was confused, and your well-meant and
good advice was confusing to me. But someone, I don't remember who, just
straight out said - Go turn that ozone machine off! So I did. I started to
do better the next day.

Brains don't work very well without oxygen, do they?

I've been anaesthetized a few times and the effect of the fug lifting
when they resuscitated me with oxygen was pretty dramatic, so I can
identify with that.

There is one *brilliant* book about it: "Alone", by Admiral Richard
Byrd. You wouldn't expect acute psychological insight from a naval
officer/explorer, but his description of surviving with his brains
scrambled for several weeks is just incredible. He was living in a
cave house carved out of the Antarctic ice, with a diesel generator
that was slowly poisoning him with carbon monoxide. As a result of
the poisoning, he didn't have the strength to fix it, couldn't
survive without it, and just had to carry on as it made him weaker
and weaker and more and more incoherent.

Old August 28th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lotsoflavender

You're definitely out in the middle of the ocean where you are, Jeanne,
grin and those nice Antarctic "breezes" would keep the air nice and clean.

That's darn good news, Karen, and the silly thing is, if you hadn't of
reached such a low point, you may not of know that the air inside the house
was building up with ozone gas....that's a bit scarey.
Hugs Wendy in NSW

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
[...]

: )

Old August 28th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Karen, that was just so scary. I didn't climb in to the asthma / ozone
discussion since I don't know diddly about either - but it was clear enough
that you were in big trouble. How wonderful that our 'wise in many things'
group was quick and equipped to come to your rescue. I see that your asthma
post was dated Aug 22nd - only 5 days ago. It seems to me that you will get
better and better and for that we are profoundly grateful. Polly

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
[...]

============== j-c ====== @ ====== purr . demon . co . uk
==============
Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland | tel 0131 660
4760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/ for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554
975
stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts | mob 07800 739
557

Old August 28th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Thanks, Kathyl. What a wealth of knowledge indeed.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 28th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I know I was never meant to live shut up indoors, but there you have it.
What's a body to do?

Karen, Queen of Squishies