OT-Pink on Friday

Old October 14th 11, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Default OT-Pink on Friday

I am SOOO excited about school tomorrow. No, not because it is the deadline
for Senior Pictures for the Yearbook, which it is. Nor because the Senior
Survey deadline is tomorrow, because it is. Nor that the deadline for the
Senior Tributes need to be in from Parents, which it is. My life will be
very hectic on Friday, and I will not be well-liked because I will have to
reject inappropriate pictures, and I will be crabby dealing with over a
hundred remaining seniors turning in pictures that they've had NINE weeks to
accomplish this task.

No, I am excited about school tomorrow because it is PINK DAY! We've had
announcements all week, and today there were big signs all around the front
doors to remind everyone to wear pink to school tomorrow for Breast/Ovarian
Cancer Awareness/Support Month. We're hoping that lots of people wear pink
and we'll try to get everyone gathered in the upper commons area and then I
can lean over the balcony and take a picture for the Yearbook and the
slideshow on our school's home page.

Most of the pink last week and this has been worn by my Male students. Much
to my surprise. I've asked them why and besides the usual Mom/Grandma/Aunt
some have answered Mom's friend, etc. So Cool and I'm so proud of these
boys understanding and taking a stand at such a young age, comparatively,
and going against the grain and wearing a color that boys don't/won't
usually be caught dead in.

Hopefully I haven't pumped my expectations up too high but I will try to get
a picture posted on my blog soon if all goes well.

Happy Supportive Pink Day

Steven
Alaska

Old October 14th 11, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Thanks Polly. Kind words.

I just watched a video from a female friends Facebook post, somewhat risque,
of an app with good looking guys to remind you ladies to do your monthly
self-exam, with them demonstrating. At the end they dance for the credits.
Quite humorous.

Steven
Alaska

Old October 14th 11, 08:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 14/10/2011 06:15, Steven Cook wrote:
Thanks Polly. Kind words.

I just watched a video from a female friends Facebook post, somewhat risque,
of an app with good looking guys to remind you ladies to do your monthly
self-exam, with them demonstrating. At the end they dance for the credits.
Quite humorous.

That sounds fun.

And never forget that blokes also get breast caner.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 14th 11, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Today I will wear a rosy pink cardigan for work. The shirt underneath
could take a light green, dark green or this rosy pink as top layer.
I have a small pin I wear most days that says "Make a difference". On
Fridays that pin is replaced with a little American flag pin, and I
wear blue, to support the troops [as Sandy said "whether you support
the wars or not, ya gotta support the troops"]. In October the pin is
a pink ribbon pin worn every day.

Yeah for your students, Steven! will you post a link for us to see the
group photo, please?

Ginger in CA

Old October 15th 11, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Thanks Steven and all teachers who help to make the students aware of how
important it is to support The Cancer groups! A friends son died of breast
cancer a couple years back.
Barbara in FL

Friday morning [email protected] Yarn 0 October 12th 07 05:10 AM
mastectomy on Friday pami Quilting 29 May 7th 06 09:16 PM
I need YOUR Wings, Friday Butterfly Quilting 38 June 3rd 05 05:04 AM
OT (and some not) - Friday update KDK Beads 4 July 17th 04 11:26 AM
OT. Friday snicker!! Gillian Murray Needlework 9 March 8th 04 02:36 PM