Blog Question

Old May 31st 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Janet[_3_]

Default Blog Question

Currently I'm trying to work on a needlepoint stocking for my niece
(by marriage). She asked me if I would be willing to stitch a
stocking for her and because I love her (even though I really don't
like needlepoint) I said yes. She paid for all the supplies and the
canvass but I really don't enjoy working on it but am obligated.

Now what does this have to do with a blog you're asking? I'm
wondering if having a blog would encourage me to work more diligently
on the stocking.

I did like Sue's pea analogy but this stocking is all peas to me!!

I'm thinking a blog would force me to work on it and I would post
progress pictures so I could feel like I'm making progress when in
reality I'm not.

So what's your opinion about a blog and would it help me?

I even asked Tia Mary if she would stitch it if I paid her and she
said yes. But then I felt guilty and told her I would stitch it.

I need help!!

Janet

Old May 31st 10, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 5/31/2010 1:15 PM, Janet wrote:
[...]

Janet -

Only you can know for sure whether it'll help you. It might. Posting
occasional pictures and small happy dances will help you to see progress
and appreciate how much is done vs. what's left undone. And friends can
step in and cheer you on. There's nothing to lose by trying!

If you don't have the energy for a full blog - daily updates might be a
bit too much pressure! - maybe just an occasional update on r.c.t.n.p.
with photos would do the trick. Enough of us can see it there and give
you the deserved pats on the back to keep forward momentum going!

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old June 1st 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Linda D.

Hi Janet,

I understand where you are coming from with this. I had a project
that I started in 1976 to have finished for my wedding in1978, but
ended up not finishing it until 1998. The way I finally finished this
project was by asking an email friend for encouragement. She would
ask me daily how much I had done on the project. If I hadn't done
anything, she would 'encourage' (okay, so another word for it could be
"nag"), and we had a little thing going back and forth about her
waving her "pom poms" to get me to work on it. If I had not had her
to prod me, I would probably not have completed the project.

My suggestion is to either get a friend to do the same for you or set
goals for yourself, for instance: By June 15th, I will have such and
such a section done, then by July 4th, I will have this section done.
The blog idea might help if it gives you a little bit of pressure to
work on the stocking.

Good Luck...Linda D. in B.C., Canada

New Little Blog Chiara Quilting 15 October 18th 09 09:32 PM
My new blog! Beadbimbo Beads 2 February 19th 09 07:56 AM
AD: My blog [email protected] Beads 2 March 28th 06 08:18 PM
Have any of you seen this blog? suzee Yarn 8 August 25th 05 02:17 PM
blog...???? Els van Dam Yarn 18 March 20th 05 07:29 PM