LOLOL

Old May 24th 10, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default LOLOL

Do you realize that we have about 70 posts...none about stitching. I
think it is great, and shows what a diversified group we are, Friendship
covers many areas.

Gill
Old May 28th 10, 11:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/24/10 9:57 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2010 09:31:05 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 5/23/10 8:18 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Sun, 23 May 2010 19:45:04 -0400, Gillian Murray
wrote:

Do you realize that we have about 70 posts...none about stitching. I
think it is great, and shows what a diversified group we are, Friendship
covers many areas.

Gill

I always reckoned you can't talk about stitching all of the time -
stitching - info - much chat, is what a live stitching group does when
it meets.

I've been recovering diningroom chair seats today, my hands ache from
the staple machine and I have ripped most of my finger nails removing
staples. Oh well, two left to do tomorrow.

Hey- when you're done, want to come help me. Mine are seats only and I have
a staple pulling tool. Bonus is you can help me shop for new fabric first!
LOL

I was really lucky - when I moved here I had a chair professionally
recovered, for some reason old Bucket really hated that chair, it was
ribbons but thankfully he was not interested in the recovered chair.

I was a bit annoyed at the time that they apparently ordered enough of
two fabrics to cover two chairs - but it has come in handy now. I did
the two end chairs in one fabric and the others in the other. Looks
like it was intentional lol

What sort of staple pulling tool do you mean ? I have two different
ones (left over from upholstery classes) but they are not powered so
still require hands, fingers and wrists. These had been shot in with
a power stapler so were beastly.

It is an extra long tool for more leverage - one end is forked and the
other like a narrow flat screwdriver - about a foot long. Worked a treat