No Decent B&M Store :(

Old December 1st 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Default No Decent B&M Store :(

I have a project I wanted to at least start (and actually did) -
Stardust's Smoky Mountain Christmas. I pulled the chart and a piece
of linen that is big enough, started stitching - and discovered that
I should probably do this huge chart (it's 368 x 174) on evenweave
instead for the sake of my eyes and my sanity. So today at lunch I
head to the only games in town, HL and Michaels, to see if they have
any evenweave I could possibly use. Nope. The few they did have were
too small and the rest was linen (thereby not solving my problem).
Oh, one piece was close, but it was brown and I definitely need
white! And too many half stitches to even consider Aida.

I can order the material, but since I really wanted to work on this as
a fill in until I get my Christmas presents, I don't want to wait!

So ironic I am seeing a revival of all things stitching on the stuff
geared towards the young and the hip, but can't get the basics because
the chains have decided that "no one" is doing that anymore. . .

Linda

Old December 1st 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

lewmew wrote:
[...]

If you want something fast, I have had *excellent* results with Joanne
at 123stitch.com. If you tell her you really need it ASAP, she will make
a point of getting it in the mail to you on the following day...then it
is up to the PO!

No affiliation etc etc

Gillian

More about brains later. Did you realize we are classmates..Class 133
Old December 1st 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Dec 1, 2:09*pm, Gillian Murray wrote:
lewmew wrote:
[...]

More about brains later. Did you realize we are classmates..Class 133- Hide quoted text -

No, I didn't - I'll watch for you What are your favorite
categories?