Is there an easy way to enlarge a blooming ninepatch quilt?

Old August 27th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Is there an easy way to enlarge a blooming ninepatch quilt?

I want to enlarge a blooming ninepatch quilt to queen size. In the
book, Traditions with a Twist, the size is 72"x82" without borders.
Have any of you just added a 'straight' outside border w/o having to
begin in the center?

Old August 27th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

If you look at the principle of the quilt Rusty, you will see that
adding 'size' is just a question of adding another colour or two into
the sequence.
..
In message . com,
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 27th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Or using bigger squares to start with. G But be a bit careful there,
it could get way tooo big. G

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Patti wrote:
If you look at the principle of the quilt Rusty, you will see that
adding 'size' is just a question of adding another colour or two into
the sequence.
.
In message . com,
writes

Old August 27th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Yes! I didn't dare suggest that, just in case - as I hadn't done the
sums g
..
In message , Pati C. writes

Old August 28th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Aug 27, 5:23?pm, Sandy wrote:

Rusty I made a queen-sized Blooming 9-patch a few years ago:
http://www.sandymike.net/large.html#blooming. I used ten fabrics
instead of the usual eight, and it came out just right. I did
consider simply adding a straight border to the basic pattern, but I
decided that it would be more interesting visually to continue the
pattern through two more fabrics.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

That's what i'll do! Sounds perfect, and you've done my thinking for
me!

Old August 28th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

I did it and enlarged the blocks to 6"finished, and used 5 colours! It
was/is rather large but great!
ups.com...