stash find

Old July 16th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default stash find

Thanks Noreen, .

YarnWright wrote:
Spike Driver spun a FINE 'yarn':

I stopped by the local Salvation Army looking for some treasure.

I found 22 skeins of wool yarn from lace to worsted. at fifty cents a skien.
Some of the feather weight yarn is over 3 ounces a skein. I have a good bit
of sport weight in a treed. I will use the fingering weight for socks. It
was in sealed containers and in perfect condition. Much of it was marked
over 7 dollars a skein.

I have some happy knitting coming my way. Maybe a little crochet!

I also found a large wool afghan for 4 dollars I might go back and get to
take apart.

Short report on Gail.
We now have a health aide coming in 12 hours a day. Gail is getting weaker
little by little. ALS or "Log Gehrig's Disease" is not very forgiving. She
tries to keep her spirits up and still laughs and jokes when ever she can.

Please send by and extra good thoughts and prayers.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

end quoted

Dennis/Spike Driver. . .

LUcky find, you deserve it!
Support for you and Gail both is also a good thing!
And of COURSE extra thoughts ALWAYS.
Much love,
Noreen and Don

Old July 16th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Dido on creating most of your own good luck Aaron, it is true in all of
live.

We have had Gail to three great diagnostic hospitals but, Aaron you are
right. You can't give up looking for help.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Aaron Lewis wrote:
I find that people make their own luck when it comes to "lucky finds" of
wool. Those that are out there looking, find.

We have 4 thrift stores that I visit on a regular basis. Of those, one
sometimes has very good knitting stuff. But, sometimes the others have good
quilting stuff.

Just as I do not believe in one-stop shopping, I do not believe in
"one-stop" medicine. My mother had seen a host of doctors over the last 5
years, and none of them picked up on the hydrocelphy pressure that was
causing the memory problems. They all blandly went along with the
Alzheimer's diagnosis. Four months after the surgery, she is back to being
"Reba!" Some memories are permanently lost, but she is back to being fully
functional again. This it the result of one doctor that thought outside the
box.

Make sure that Gail's doctors have really looked inside and outside of the
box.

Aaron

Old July 16th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default OT Doctors thought processes was stash find

I am a reader and I will check the local libraries for the book. I will
read it, thanks.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Jan wrote:
Check out a new book titled _How Doctors Think_ by Jerome Groupman, M.D.
Quoting from the jacket, it "reveals a profound new view of
twenty-first-century medical practice, giving doctors and patients the vital
information they need to make better judgments together

Old July 16th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Katherine,
Extra thoughts and prayers are always good things, thank all of you so
much. I don't want to sound like a winer and I am not. But, it has
been rough. Gail and I have always been very close. Her friends have
mentioned to her many times how jealous they are of the relationship we
have always enjoyed. The do say in jokingly.

But, I have the best friends in the world, here and at home!

Hugs and God bless to you all,
Dennis & Gail

Katherine wrote:
On Jul 14, 11:12 pm, Spike Driver wrote:
[...]

Congratulations on your find!
Sorry to hear about Gail's weakening. A friend of mine fought
ALS for several years. I agree, it is NOT a very forgiving disease.
Be sure that you are both in my prayers.

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 16th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
I stopped by the local Salvation Army looking for some treasure.

I found 22 skeins of wool yarn from lace to worsted. at fifty cents a
skien. Some of the feather weight yarn is over 3 ounces a skein. I have a
good bit of sport weight in a treed. I will use the fingering weight for
socks. It was in sealed containers and in perfect condition. Much of it
was marked over 7 dollars a skein.

Congratulations on your yarn find.

Short report on Gail.
We now have a health aide coming in 12 hours a day. Gail is getting
weaker little by little. ALS or "Log Gehrig's Disease" is not very
forgiving. She tries to keep her spirits up and still laughs and jokes
when ever she can.

Please send by and extra good thoughts and prayers.

Always! )

*hugs*
Gemini

Old July 16th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:12:42 -0500, Spike Driver wrote:

[...]

You have done well to find it at that price Dennis. I love checking out
the charity shops as most of the stuff they have in stock is fascinating.

I'm sorry to hear Gail is not so good at the moment and will add extra
prayers to the ones I always say for my friends on this group. It's good
you are now getting some help at home.

Love to you both
Bernadette

can't find you CypSew Sewing 2 September 19th 06 07:40 PM
OT - Can you help me find... Tinkster Beads 11 December 23rd 04 02:53 AM
Stash find maryd Quilting 11 September 20th 04 02:01 AM
Stash Run - Stitch Stash Cheryl Isaak Needlework 14 June 9th 04 05:42 PM
AD: Find the items you cant find + more brett Rubberstamps 0 February 24th 04 02:12 PM