stash find

Old July 15th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default stash find

I stopped by the local Salvation Army looking for some treasure.

I found 22 skeins of wool yarn from lace to worsted. at fifty cents a
skien. Some of the feather weight yarn is over 3 ounces a skein. I have
a good bit of sport weight in a treed. I will use the fingering
weight for socks. It was in sealed containers and in perfect condition.
Much of it was marked over 7 dollars a skein.

I have some happy knitting coming my way. Maybe a little crochet!

I also found a large wool afghan for 4 dollars I might go back and get
to take apart.

Short report on Gail.
We now have a health aide coming in 12 hours a day. Gail is getting
weaker little by little. ALS or "Log Gehrig's Disease" is not very
forgiving. She tries to keep her spirits up and still laughs and jokes
when ever she can.

Please send by and extra good thoughts and prayers.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 15th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Congratulations on your wonderful stash find. It sounds as though it
will keep your fingers occupied for quite some time.

Sorry to her about Gail, but I am glad you are finally getting the help
you need. Thoughts and prayers are with you both as always.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old July 15th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dennis lucky person with your finds !!!

Give Gail a very supportive GREETING from me
mirjam

Old July 15th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Olwyn Mary wrote:
Congratulations on your wonderful stash find. It sounds as though it
will keep your fingers occupied for quite some time.

Sorry to her about Gail, but I am glad you are finally getting the help
you need. Thoughts and prayers are with you both as always.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Thank you so much Mary.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 15th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Dennis lucky person with your finds !!!

Give Gail a very supportive GREETING from me
mirjam

I sure will Mirjum,

She loves it when I read her the posts. She knows the names almost as
well as me.

Check you email.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 15th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Spike Driver wrote:
I stopped by the local Salvation Army looking for some treasure.

I found 22 skeins of wool yarn from lace to worsted. at fifty cents a
skien. Some of the feather weight yarn is over 3 ounces a skein.

snip
What a neat find!
I have some happy knitting coming my way. Maybe a little crochet!

Short report on Gail.
We now have a health aide coming in 12 hours a day. Gail is getting
weaker little by little. ALS or "Log Gehrig's Disease" is not very
forgiving. She tries to keep her spirits up and still laughs and jokes
when ever she can.

Please send by and extra good thoughts and prayers.

Prayers sent. I had a co-worker with ALS, so I have some slight idea
of what you are going through.

=Tamar

Old July 15th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Richard Eney wrote:
In article ,
Spike Driver wrote:
I stopped by the local Salvation Army looking for some treasure.

I found 22 skeins of wool yarn from lace to worsted. at fifty cents a
skien. Some of the feather weight yarn is over 3 ounces a skein.

snip
What a neat find!
I have some happy knitting coming my way. Maybe a little crochet!

Short report on Gail.
We now have a health aide coming in 12 hours a day. Gail is getting
weaker little by little. ALS or "Log Gehrig's Disease" is not very
forgiving. She tries to keep her spirits up and still laughs and jokes
when ever she can.

Please send by and extra good thoughts and prayers.

Prayers sent. I had a co-worker with ALS, so I have some slight idea
of what you are going through.

=Tamar

Thanks much Tamar.
Dennis
Old July 15th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aaron Lewis

I find that people make their own luck when it comes to "lucky finds" of
wool. Those that are out there looking, find.

We have 4 thrift stores that I visit on a regular basis. Of those, one
sometimes has very good knitting stuff. But, sometimes the others have good
quilting stuff.

Just as I do not believe in one-stop shopping, I do not believe in
"one-stop" medicine. My mother had seen a host of doctors over the last 5
years, and none of them picked up on the hydrocelphy pressure that was
causing the memory problems. They all blandly went along with the
Alzheimer's diagnosis. Four months after the surgery, she is back to being
"Reba!" Some memories are permanently lost, but she is back to being fully
functional again. This it the result of one doctor that thought outside the
box.

Make sure that Gail's doctors have really looked inside and outside of the
box.

Aaron

Old July 15th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

Default OT Doctors thought processes was stash find

Check out a new book titled _How Doctors Think_ by Jerome Groupman, M.D.
Quoting from the jacket, it "reveals a profound new view of
twenty-first-century medical practice, giving doctors and patients the vital
information they need to make better judgments together."

--
Jan in MN

"Aaron Lewis" wrote...

Old July 16th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jul 14, 11:12 pm, Spike Driver wrote:
[...]

Congratulations on your find!
Sorry to hear about Gail's weakening. A friend of mine fought
ALS for several years. I agree, it is NOT a very forgiving disease.
Be sure that you are both in my prayers.

Higs,
Katherine

can't find you CypSew Sewing 2 September 19th 06 07:40 PM
OT - Can you help me find... Tinkster Beads 11 December 23rd 04 02:53 AM
Stash find maryd Quilting 11 September 20th 04 02:01 AM
Stash Run - Stitch Stash Cheryl Isaak Needlework 14 June 9th 04 05:42 PM
AD: Find the items you cant find + more brett Rubberstamps 0 February 24th 04 02:12 PM