Sapphire Machine Report

Old August 13th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default Sapphire Machine Report

OK I really like this machine. The woman I went with ended up buying one.
The only reason I didn't is because it doesn't weigh much less than my
Designer SE.

If the Sapphire had been around when I bought the SE, that would be the
machine I would be using now. It has almost every feature that I love on the
SE and is about 1/5 the price. I think Ginger got it for $1,300.

The only think it didn't have that she was disappointed in was an auto
thread cutter. I never use it on the SE so that wouldn't bother me.

I want that machine, but I want it to weigh 5 pounds. Is that too much to
ask?

Ginger was very impressed with the harp space it had. Has a really long
free arm. The lights are great. Lots of stitches. My SE feet would all
fit.

I just don't see that I would be gaining anything.

Cindy

Old August 14th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Cindy, you just might be thrilled to have 'almost' twin SMs. I looked at
new models for quite a while, decided the Bernina 155 was the one for me.
We've been great friends just instantly and although the 155 is sort of a
rare model, almost immediately I came upon a 2nd one at a very easy price.
So. I have twins here. There's no struggle with feet, needles or
remembering how they function. It is just simply decadent (really) to have
one loaded for one project and another rarin' to go if I take the notion to
swap projects. Twins is good. Twins are good. Go for it. Unless, of
course, you'll be spending the QI food budget or have to sit and hold the
Sapphire in your lap because there's no place to put her down. Polly

Old August 14th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

I considered trading my Designer II for the Sapphire, but I like my
automatic thread cutter too much. For the life of me I can't figure out why
they would design this machine especially for quilters and leave off the
automatic thread cutter. Don't make sense to me!
--
Donna in Idaho

Old August 14th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

LOL. That's good, Irene. Polly

"IMS" wrote in message
I second Polly's sentiments. Ain't nothing like having two similar
'sister' machines in your sewing room. I have an older Viking 1+
(predecessor of the Designer series), and this past summer I purchased a
gently used Viking Rose. They both use the same snap on feet and the
same embroidery cards.

I can have my 1+ set up for regular sewing while my Rose is busy
embroidering. Or, have both of them embroiderying! There's nothing like
multi tasking -- DH tells me I'm running a sweat shop for sewing
machines LOL!

-Irene

"teleflora" wrote in message
[...]

-------------
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
- Mae West

Old August 14th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Twins is good. Twins are good. Go for it. Unless, of course, you'll be
spending the QI food budget or have to sit and hold the Sapphire in your
lap because there's no place to put her down. Polly

Hehehehheheh!
No, it wouldn't be quite that bad, Polly. But I would still be looking for
a lightweight machine to take on the road with me! I had hoped that search
was over.

Cindy

Old August 14th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Hahah! I was the one who was totally stunned when I came on here and found
out people actually owned and used more than one sewing machine. I thought
they were like cars and you bought a new one and got rid of the old one.

I may still buy it just because I really liked it and I know I'd use it. I
just wish it was lighter.

Cindy

Old August 14th 07, 07:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di

Just a little note to say that this machine sells for nearly AU$2000 and I
would really love one but no way can I afford that.

Just as well dreams don't cost anything.

Di
Vic Aust.

Old August 14th 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Di wrote:
Just a little note to say that this machine sells for nearly AU$2000 and I
would really love one but no way can I afford that.

Just as well dreams don't cost anything.

Di
Vic Aust.

I've been looking at this (the Sapphire) as a new machine...

Not sure that DH will agree to pay that much for a sewing machine
just yet, but as you say dreams are free! :-)

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Sapphire Sewing Machine Nan Quilting 12 August 15th 07 03:13 AM
AD: Sapphire Nights- 19 bead set okieglasss Beads 0 January 12th 06 05:02 PM
sapphire repair wally Jewelry 2 June 5th 04 07:41 PM
AD: "Sapphire Seas" up for auction Kalera Stratton Beads 2 April 12th 04 05:39 PM
Sapphire Value Jon Kirk Jewelry 1 June 29th 03 06:45 PM