"RETRO CLEAN" VINTAGE QUILT & COTTON CLEANER

Old July 14th 03, 03:44 PM
Rhea

Default "RETRO CLEAN" VINTAGE QUILT & COTTON CLEANER

Have any of you ever tried Retro Clean?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=94 7
It is sold on E-Bay.
I am selling it and just wanted to know if anyone of you have ever tried it.
Any info would be appreciated.
Rhea, in Texas

Old July 14th 03, 03:51 PM
Rhea

I am NOT selling it.
I am sorry about that.
Rhea

Old July 14th 03, 04:19 PM
Rhea

If I keep saying *NOT* selling Retro Clean , that might clear it up after a
few times.
I have been reading you group for years and ask a few questions here and
there.
Lately I have been going to local auctions and picking up (rescuing) quilts
for almost nothing. They are in need of some repair and are faded.
I am a mother of two ( my youngest starts school this year).
I am going back to college after a 15 year absence, in the fall.
I have been quilting for a few years and make mostly baby quilts for
family and friends.
I do love chocolate ... any kind.
Thank you Wendy for your nice response.
I think it might be to good to be true.
Rhea

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
I have not tried it, but the ebay listing looks like one of those things
that is too good to be true. I have used Biz to soak old textiles, and

have
had good results with that. Except that the scent makes me sneeze a

little,
and that wears off. :-)

I'm glad you cleared up the goof that you are *not* selling that stuff,
although it is possible that not everyone will see your second post.

I don't recognize your name. Are you new here? Coming back after a long
absence? Tell us about yourself. Do you collect old quilts? Do you enjoy
using repro fabrics to make old-looking quilts? What about chocolate?

Yeah,
I'm nosy, but somebody's gotta ask the questions around here! :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Rhea" wrote in message
I am NOT selling it.
I am sorry about that.
Rhea

Old July 14th 03, 06:32 PM
Diana Curtis

I believe you too (that you arent selling anything) . Welcome to the group..
or re-welcome. :-)
I havent used the product either, I just wanted to say that I think its
great youre rescuing old quilts.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"frood" wrote in message
[...]

"Rhea" wrote in message
I am NOT selling it.
I am sorry about that.
Rhea

Old July 14th 03, 07:17 PM
Diana Curtis

Sounds pretty!
I dont know what determines whether it should be finished or what but want
to ask your help in aging a quilt top I found at an auction a few years ago.
Here is its story. It was sitting in a pile of stuff to be thrown away along
with an oval quilting hoop. Initially I mistook the hoop to be a chair back!
Anyway, its a red, white and blue quilt in a pinwheel pattern. The material
is a thin muslin type feeling stuff. The seam allowances are skimpy, coming
apart in some places. Here comes the kicker. The daughter of the woman who
made it lives next door to me now. I told her about the top but she seems
totally uninterested in seeing it. NDNL *next door neighbor lady* is in her
70s, and so her mom had to have been .. oh.. lets guess, in her 20s when
NDNL was born.. so the quilt would have had to have been made somewhere
between 1920'-1990. That narrows it down a bit doesnt it? LOL
I dont hold much hope you can date it but it was fun to get to tell the
story of this quilt top. I still havent decided what to do with it, but my
inclination is to finish and use it carefully hung on a wall, with
reinforced seams. Trouble is, I havent a clue where to hang a red, white and
blue quilt in my home!
Anyway.. hope someone can help you figure out what your lovely sounding
quilt is.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Rhea" wrote in message
Thank Diana for believing me.
My latest rescue.
Saturday night I bought a twin size quit top.
I think it is from the 30's of 40's.
It is in great shape and is made out of very happy colors.
It is hand pieced. and even has the border.
It looks like Dresden plates? But its not.
Bright pink, green, yellow and the plates are scrappy .
Should I finish it and use it.
I will try to post photos. I would like to know what the pattern is.
Thanks, Rhea

Old July 15th 03, 09:28 AM
Roberta Zollner

The oval hoop might be a clue -does it have a manufacturer stamped inside?
Seems like oval hoops are a bit more modern than round ones. I'm guessing
about 1980. Of course, the fabrics could be any age before your cutoff date.
Roberta in D

Old July 15th 03, 04:21 PM
Dannielle Beitzell

I'm sure LN could find a place for it in her house.....

(ducking and running!)
--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm