OT NightMist is Happy Dancing!

Old October 18th 11, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default OT NightMist is Happy Dancing!

Happy for you!
Barbara in FL

Old October 19th 11, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Happy, Happy, Happy. Can't hardly see to type this.

Steven
Alaska

"NightMist" wrote in message

At least metaphorically.

Had my follow up appointment at Roswell today.
As many of you probably already know ovarian cancer has a dismal
mortality rate. Primarily because it is usually not discovered until it
is well advanced, generally stage 3 or 4. Considering the size of the
tumor I was not really expecting particularly good news. I was
delightfully surprised to be informed that I was stage 1A, everything was
still encapsulated, they want to give me four inpatient chemo treatments
just to be sure, and it should be all taken care of. They are 99.9
percent sure I am going to be fine.
Betcha that is what was weird about it. They wanted to double check
everything because they did not expect such an early stage with such a
large growth.

Less good, I have a bit of infection at the bottom of the incision. So
they popped it open like a ziplock, rinsed me out, and packed the wound.
I was scatting opera during this little interlude so as to avoid swearing
at them. Honestly, the aftermath of all this is more comfortable than
the staples were. I am still a bit owie near the infection, but not near
so much elsewhere.
We'll have a visiting nurse in tomorrow to change the dressing and start
teaching DH how to change it.

I am going to try to coax DH into an ice cream run to celebrate the good
news!

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

Old October 19th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

FANTASTIC news! Yeehawwwww!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 19th 11, 06:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

"NightMist" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]

That is good new, really! I keep my fingers crossed that the infection won't
have any unpleasant consequences. Keep mending!

U. - and a HUG for you, too.

Old October 19th 11, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 18/10/2011 20:19, NightMist wrote:

[...]

That is so good to hear NightMist. I think that is the best news
possible, in the situation. We are happy dancing and jingling (cat
bells) here for you in Scotland!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old October 19th 11, 09:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Oh thank goodness it has been dealt with, now to rest and get better and
plenty of ice cream, yum, what flavour?

So when can you start quilting?

Janner
France

Old October 19th 11, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Let us do the dancing! We're up for it! That's just wonderful news.
Roberta in D

Old October 19th 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_7_]

Great news! Ice cream is always good - the more, the better!

Donna in Idaho

Old October 19th 11, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!
Gen

[...]

Update: Webshots 2009 album (was Happy, happy dancing!!!) heidi (was rabbit2b) Quilting 2 February 16th 09 08:20 PM
OT - Happy Dancing Cause We're Done Mika Quilting 9 October 30th 08 02:37 PM
Happy Dancing! Kate G.[_2_] Quilting 4 October 14th 07 02:38 PM
Happy Dancing Ethne Slusser Quilting 6 November 24th 04 10:35 PM
Happy, happy, happy dancing /swimming Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 1 June 5th 04 11:06 PM