OT had to share this one

Old September 1st 10, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT had to share this one

Down in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, Boudreaux gets a job with BP helping
with the oil spill cleanup. He reports for work and is told to speak to a
supervisor about his assignment.
He finds the man and asks, "What it is I supposed to do?"
The supervisor tells him to go to the animal shelter and clean the pelicans.
Two hours later, Boudreaux comes up to the supervisor and says, "Okay.dey
all cleaned. You want me to cook some rice?"

Polly

Old September 1st 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathyl Jogerst

On Aug 31, 9:30*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Down in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, Boudreaux gets a job with BP helping
with the oil spill cleanup. He reports for work and is told to speak to a
supervisor about his assignment.
He finds the man and asks, "What it is I supposed to do?"
The supervisor tells him to go to the animal shelter and clean the pelicans.
Two hours later, Boudreaux comes up to the supervisor and says, "Okay.dey
all cleaned. You want me to cook some rice?"

Polly

LOL! I WILL be sending this on around. Thanks!
Old September 1st 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:30:53 -0500, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

Down in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, Boudreaux gets a job with BP helping
with the oil spill cleanup. He reports for work and is told to speak to a
supervisor about his assignment.
He finds the man and asks, "What it is I supposed to do?"
The supervisor tells him to go to the animal shelter and clean the pelicans.
Two hours later, Boudreaux comes up to the supervisor and says, "Okay.dey
all cleaned. You want me to cook some rice?"

Polly

Where was the spew warning on that one?

Maureen

Old September 1st 10, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

Down in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, Boudreaux gets a job
with BP helping
with the oil spill cleanup. He reports for work and is
told to speak to a
supervisor about his assignment.
He finds the man and asks, "What it is I supposed to do?"
The supervisor tells him to go to the animal shelter and
clean the pelicans.
Two hours later, Boudreaux comes up to the supervisor and
says, "Okay.dey
all cleaned. You want me to cook some rice?"

Polly

Where was the spew warning on that one?

Maureen

I was thinking the same thing. I have friends who would not
chuckle at this joke.....I don't see anything funny about it
myself.

All this does is to perpetulate the ugliness to go on from
one
generation to another.

Donna
in WA

Old September 1st 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'm confused as to why you would need a spew
warning if it isn't funny to you? Thank goodness folks can keep a sense of
humor in the midst of tragedy.
It is a survival mode. Clearly, we all see things from
a different vantage point here. We are a diverse
group, I suppose with each of us getting our toes
stepped on occasionally.
Taria

Old September 1st 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a joke It's getting to be a sad state of affairs when people can never
tell a joke because it "might" offend someone. Don't like-delete it! Very
simple.
Gen

Old September 1st 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

ok, now my coffee is all over the screen....LMAO!

i got the punch line before i read it... too funny!

amy in CNY
Old September 1st 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

I'm confused as to why you would need a spew
warning if it isn't funny to you? Thank goodness folks
can keep a sense of humor in the midst of tragedy.
It is a survival mode. Clearly, we all see things from
a different vantage point here. We are a diverse
group, I suppose with each of us getting our toes
stepped on occasionally.
Taria

Sense of humor in the midst of a tragedy. Taria, you do not
know my
life and the tragedy's that I have survived. Getting my
toes stepped
on has led to bigger, very painful tragedy's. Spew means
vomit. What's
funny about that?

You don't know how hard I've tried to find that sense of
humor amoungst
the hell I have been living. I just don't share my crap
here on this
list. But that doesn't mean I haven't been hurt in a big
time way. And
people who could have helped and stopped some of this just
walked on by
and did nothing but cause me more pain. People who I
thought were friends,
people in professional occupations that require them to help
have looked
the other way. Worse, make jokes about my entire life.

Life has not been good but I keep going the best I can and
that's just
the way it is. My faith keeps me going.

So, yah, I have a tendency in my life to speak up because I
know hurt.
And I do use the delete button just like every one else can.

Donna
in WA

Old September 1st 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

Donna,

Mostly, in newsgroups and forums, "spew warning" means a warning that
this may make you laugh so hard that your tea/coffee/whatever will go
everywhere. So, take a sip, put it down, then read.

That's what Maureen was referring to, when she mentioned "spew
warning".

Sorry it hit a sore point with you. And I hope you have a kind soul to
went to.

Hanne in DK.

Had to Share.... DAB Yarn 1 January 29th 07 05:39 AM
AD and share - mostly share from Glitzy Glass Studio Inspired by Deepwood Art Beads! Glitzy Glass Beads 2 September 29th 05 07:10 PM
Share & Tell Mj Beads 8 October 15th 04 12:48 PM
just had to share KJ Quilting 34 March 22nd 04 06:07 PM
Must share this Cheryl Isaak Needlework 41 March 8th 04 12:34 PM