Einstein was right

Old October 24th 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Einstein was right

You know - that smart old man that said insanity was doing the same thing
over and over again and expecting different results.
I had a box full of somewhat neatly cut squares and strips and thought
I'd make blocks and sort of diminish the scrap collection.
Wrong. While I was putting scrap pieces together and not keeping my
eyes on Scrap Mountain, it was growing by leaps and bounds.
But. There is hope.
Nice neighbor mentioned yesterday that she didn't have a scrap bin.
WaaaaHAha. Don't know whether I'll gift wrap a collection for her -
or just sneak a sack full inside her screen door while she's fast asleep.
There must be a way. Polly

Old October 24th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

ROFL! Did your neighbor imply that she *wanted* a scrap bin?
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap and always open

Old October 24th 11, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

ROFL ... you've got her right where you want her -- scrap-less and close. People used to leave kittens on our doorstep in the early morning hours, mewling in a box on the front porch. Of course, Daddy always took them right back where they came from. But scraps ... who would turn away gorgeous, yummy, scrumptious scraps? Probably not someone who doesn't have her own scrap bin and so doesn't realize that they breed like mice, especially once you start trying to use them up.

Sunny
Old October 25th 11, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

She is very lucky to get a good start on a scrap bin. Gift wrapped is
what good scraps deserve. There used to be a Big Bird pair of pajamas
that tykes in the family got as hand me downs. The front of the shirt
said "sharing is caring". Big bird is right.
Taria

Old October 25th 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

" just sneak a sack full inside her screen door while she's fast
asleep" - kinda like zucchini in some neighborhoods, huh?

scrap pieces make good stuffing, when they are too tiny for anything
else!

Ginger in CA

Old October 25th 11, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

When I was cutting and sorting, I laughed when I came to really little
pieces of very Important scraps. Reminded me of the folks who have a sack
of 'string too short to save'.
Our neighbor who has no scraps came by this evening. She said my wonky
blocks were making her crazy so she trimmed them. Then (!) she began
arranging them on the design wall. . . and fell in love. Maybe my scrap
bin won't encroach international borders after all. Polly

Old October 25th 11, 09:56 AM
zeeshan_ali2525 zeeshan_ali2525 is offline
Junior Member

In High School we were taught the Newton's gravitation theory. However Einstein developed another theory
Old October 25th 11, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_2_]

Polly - you do know that fabrics give off pheromes and MULTIPLY, don't
you?? BEG
Do share with your neighbor! I think your idea of putting a (fabric)
bag insde her screen door is a great idea!
ME_Judy

Einstein coat finished! Liz M Yarn 2 February 28th 05 08:56 PM
Made a start on the einstein jacket Liz M Yarn 11 February 23rd 05 07:03 PM
Has anyone tried the einstein coat? Liz M Yarn 6 February 18th 05 07:10 PM
Question for Einstein coat makers Karen in MN Yarn 0 January 15th 04 04:35 PM