Quilting Now?

Old August 26th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Default Quilting Now?

I'll be at that show too. I'm not sure which day, but I am white-gloving on
Sunday!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"idahoqltr" wrote in message
On Aug 22, 8:59 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
What are you stitching just now?
I have a jungle symphony on the design wall: lions and tigers and
bears. An elephant, 3 zebras and all manner of kangaroo spots and jungle
greenery. The arrangement was just much too 'expected' so I tossed in the
Easter Bunny.
Ah. just right.
And I wondered what my friends here were stitching. planning? stomping
and setting on fire?
It's time for county fairs; anyone entering? And probably time to get
going on any sort of Christmas tree skirt or stocking. So. Roll Call.
What'cha doin' ? Polly

Good question! I am thinking about finishing/machine quilting two
laps that need to be done in 3 weeks - just keep avoiding them. I've
got a tiny paper-pieced "September" wall hanging to border and quilt,
and I embroidered a little on a tiny Halloween wall hanging last night
that is nearly ready for borders. I plan to go to the fair tomorrow
to look at the quilts and have reservations to go to Penn. for a quilt
show next month.

Old August 26th 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Hi Polly,

Great question! You really got everyone interested!

I'm just finishing a Christmas tree skirt for a friend of mine. She has a
long-arm and stitched the eight panels. It was my job to assemble it, and
make it reversible. Today I sewed three sets of ties to the opening edge,
and just have about 2 feet more of binding to do! In return, she stitched
the same pattern for me, on white fabric with a little silver glitter on it.
I haven't seen it yet, but she said her sewing room is "glittering'" from
end to end! We'll be getting together for the PA Quilt Show in
mid-September, so I'll get to see it then. Here's a link:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...94495901ENSRRV

Old August 26th 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

That's what I was thinking. Polly

"Nana.Wilson"
ALice that is too purddy to cover up with gifts :-)

Nana

"Alice in PA" Hi Polly,

Old August 27th 10, 09:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

How lovely! that's just everything a tree skirt needs to be!
Roberta in D

Old August 27th 10, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irondale

Hi Polly,

Great question! You really got everyone interested!

I'm just finishing a Christmas tree skirt for a friend of
mine. She has a long-arm and stitched the eight panels.
It was my job to assemble it, and make it reversible.
Today I sewed three sets of ties to the opening edge, and
just have about 2 feet more of binding to do! In return,
she stitched the same pattern for me, on white fabric with
a little silver glitter on it. I haven't seen it yet, but
she said her sewing room is "glittering'" from end to end!
We'll be getting together for the PA Quilt Show in
mid-September, so I'll get to see it then. Here's a
link:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...94495901ENSRRV

Amazing work! Such talent and wow! is your Christmas tree
gonna look
extra special this year. Gorgous.

Donna
in WA

Old August 28th 10, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Thanks, all, for your kind comments. Unfortunately, this skirt won't be
"dressing" my tree. It goes back to the friend who did the stitching.
She's giving it to her daughter for Christmas. In return for my
"assembling" the skirt, she stitched out one for me on white fabric. I will
then assemble that one for me! We work together on a lot of projects. She
can do all things "quilty", but can't (or maybe she doesn't want to) sew
anything else! I made her two pair of cotton PJ's in exchange for her
quilting one of my queen-size quilts! I think I got the better of that
deal! Another time I made her a laptop case while she waited.