NOT OT - Chocolate Heaven

Old August 26th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

Default NOT OT - Chocolate Heaven

ta muchly, Sally and Sharon also i see.
must try this once before xmas in case i can do it and want one then.
everyone here loves most anything chocolate flavoured.
jeanne

"Sally Swindells" wrote...
nzlstar* wrote:
chocolate pav??
can you give us the recipe too, please, Sally.
cheers from the land that invented Pavlova,
ducking
jeanne

"Sally Swindells" wrote...
Has gone straight into my recipe file next to the Chocolate Pavlova
which I have been told I 'have' to make for every 'bring a pud'
function!

This is a straightforward copy I put in my recipe file about 2 years ago -
easier than sending you around the Archives which don't seem to work as
well as they did! You get Sharon's comments too!

Sharon’s Choc. Pavlova
For the base
6 egg whites
300g caster (superfine) sugar - not the powdered icing sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon balsamic/red wine vinegar (I use raspberry vinegar which I
found
in Tassie)
50g dark/white/milk chocolate chopped finely
for the topping
500ml whipping cream
500g raspberries
2-3 tablespoons coarsley grated choclate
Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking
paper
Beat the egg whites until stiffy peaks form and then beat in the sugar
graduallly. Make sure the sugar has dissolved. Lick the beaters.
Sprinkle over the cocoa, vinegar, chopped chocolate and then gently fold
in
everything until it is incorporated. Lick the spoon.
Mound onto a baking sheat in a fat circle about 20cm in diameter. Lick
the
spoon. Now here comes my big tip - smaller and taller is better as the
pav
will spread during cooking. Trust me, I know this.
Place in the oven, then immediately turn the temperature down to 150C/gas
mark 2 and cook for one to one and a quarter hours. When it's ready it
should look crispy around the edges and on the sides and be dry on top.
Poke it with a finger and if it feels "squidgy" you've got it perfect.
Eat
any scrappy bits that are threatening to fall off. Turn off the oven,
open
the door slightly and leave it to cool.
Turn onto a big flat bottom plate. Whisk the cream till thick and pile it
onto the meringue, then scatter over the raspberries. Sprinkle grated
chocky over the top of the lot, but not too much.
NOW LET THIS BE SAID - if you do not like raspberries use anything else,
passionfruit pulp, peaches, pears, grapes, kiwi fruit, strawberries,
blackberries - oh for heaven's sake bash up a couple of chocolate bars and
use that! The choice is yours. And remember the pav takes on your mood.
If you feel miserable and horrible, it will too. Just ask my DSMIL - she
baked four to get two usable ones. And she didn't share the unuseable
ones
so the usable ones weren't perfect.
Imagine the squidginess of marshmallow, the crispness of the outside just
melting on your tongue while the cream ooozes through......
Made you smile? Good! Now go cook.
quicker)
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (slinking away to
check the chocolate pavlova in the oven - tomorrow night it will be topped
with cream and raspberries...and blackberries....and a couple blue
ones....and shaved dark chocolate......)

Old August 27th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

LOL - the marshmallows went into the Mars Bar crackles!

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Jeanne, since you are In Charge of all the things we can't find or figure
out - we wish you fast and great success in resolving your computer woes.
And Sharon: Mississippi Mud recipes usually toss in marshmallows and
pecans. If you're going to be decadent, hit it with your best shot.
Polly

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
Dawn,
keep in mind that different things weigh different amounts.
250grms of butter will be one cup.
not sure bout the chocolate
should be 150 grams = about 6ounces, if that helps.
i'd do an online google search first.
sorry havent had time to find even basic links for favs since puter threw
a wobbly here.
fwiw,
jeanne
still working thru this puter stuff, i wont give up just yet

"Dawn In Alberta" wrote...
With reading this recipe for some reason the song I'm in heaven started
dancing through the brain cells, now I just have to convert the grams
into
cups then I will be in chocolate heaven. As for the racing , good luck
you and yours but then with this chocolate running through a system or
two, there is no doubt as to who the winners will be.

Dawn In Alberta
When Life Gets you Down get up and Mambo

Mississippi mud slice
250grams butter, chopped
150grams dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups superfine (caster) sugar
1 cup hot water mixed with 1 tablespoon instant coffee
1.5 cups plain flour
one quarter cup cocoa powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten.

1. Grease a 19cm x 30cm pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and coffee in a heatproof bowl over
pan of simmering water. Stir over the heat until chocky is melted and
smooth. Allow to cool for a bit until warm. Personally I just used
boiling water in the coffee, gave it a stir, and then nuked it for 3
minutes. Perfect.
3. Put flour and cocoa in a large bowl an add a third of the chocky
mix.
Mix well (yes, you must taste as you mix). Add the rest of the chocky
mix and the eggs. Stir well and lick the spoon. Pour into the
prepared
pan.
4. Cook ina 160C oven (moderately slow) for 50 minutes exactly. Or
until
the cake tester comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes and then
flip onto a cake rack to finish cooling.
5. Eat as much as you can before anyone else finds it. Oh, you can
dust
it with combined cocoa and icing sugar. It really is bliss.

Now excuse me....I'm going to have another bit......

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/

Old August 27th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Default NOT OT - Chocolate Heaven - Update

The last two pieces of this disappeared into today's lunchboxes. The rest
was devoured over Saturday and Sunday. Don't know who was worst - kids or
parents. They also loved the mars bar crackles and iced shortbread cookies.

The girls raced well and raced hard. Maddy (DD1) raced in only her second
rookie race (she moved up a class about 6 weeks ago) and finished up 11 out
of 16 doing great consistent times. Her day was hampered a bit by a
downpour of rain during qualifying and having her nose cone dislodged by a
hit from a friend (meant she had to go straight in) and her best time wiped
out. Oh well. Still very proud of her.

Mikky (DD2) raced hard and did some of her best times and finished 9 out of
10. Looking forward to a lot more from this one.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/
"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
Sharon Harper wrote:
Ok, whilst baking up a storm for the weekend (we are racing locally and
pitting with a group of friends who's kids race with ours) I came upon
the most divine chocolate recipe EVER. Here 'tis:-

Mississippi mud slice
250grams butter, chopped
150grams dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups superfine (caster) sugar
1 cup hot water mixed with 1 tablespoon instant coffee
1.5 cups plain flour
one quarter cup cocoa powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten.

1. Grease a 19cm x 30cm pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and coffee in a heatproof bowl over a

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old August 27th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well done girls!
Adverse weather, and a bump - looking good. As our new Formula 1 hero
(Lewis Hamilton) says: 'Never Give Up'.
..
In message , Sharon
Harper writes
The last two pieces of this disappeared into today's lunchboxes. The rest
was devoured over Saturday and Sunday. Don't know who was worst - kids or
parents. They also loved the mars bar crackles and iced shortbread cookies.

The girls raced well and raced hard. Maddy (DD1) raced in only her second
rookie race (she moved up a class about 6 weeks ago) and finished up 11 out
of 16 doing great consistent times. Her day was hampered a bit by a
downpour of rain during qualifying and having her nose cone dislodged by a
hit from a friend (meant she had to go straight in) and her best time wiped
out. Oh well. Still very proud of her.

Mikky (DD2) raced hard and did some of her best times and finished 9 out of
10. Looking forward to a lot more from this one.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill