Pennsylvania Quilts

Old October 17th 05, 09:55 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default Pennsylvania Quilts HI FROM MAGIC MIKE

Hi Mike! Best wishes to you too. PAT in VA/USA

Magic Mike wrote:
Hey Donna, feels great to see some of the old names again too. Checking out
the group is a double edged sword. It brings back great memories but it also
makes me want to keep tons of scraps out of the landfills too.

Sometimes when I go for medical tests, etc. I see the people wearing tops
and warm up jackets with some great kids prints, etc. and it makes me wish I
still had access to great fabric like that. I just think of all the great
things that those "USELESS" scraps were made into and it drives me crazy
that more places won't recylce their scraps to people who can use them.

Time is usually the main thing keeping me away. (:-) When I have a bad
series of migraines I get way behind on everything so then I have to play
catch up so I have to make the most of the good days. When I start to play
around on the group here and other places on the net, I can spend a few
hours before I even know it. (:-)

I do try to keep an eye on the group from time to time even if I don't post.
It is nice to see what is going on with everyone.

Take care.

Magic Mike

Old October 18th 05, 06:30 PM
Judy

Good to see that you're still visiting us. You take care of yourself and
come back often!
ME-Judy

Old October 19th 05, 04:14 PM
Bobbie Sews Moore

Hi Mike, unknowingly, you inspired me to do my best at recycling scraps that
a small local manufacturer throws into their dumpster. These scraps have
been made by different groups into lap quilts for a nursing home, and I
occasionally share on this newsgroup. I've probably shared close to 800
pounds of scraps, over the last few years.
Barbara in SC
"Magic Mike" wrote in message
[...]

"Donna in Idaho" (remove spam) wrote in message
Magic Mike,

It's sure good to see you posting again - long time no see/hear. Glad
you have some good days.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old October 20th 05, 02:33 AM
Magic Mike

Hey Barb, Excellent, I love it. Isn't it nice to know it all went to useful
projects instead of rotting away in the landfills. Keep up the good work.

Magic Mike

ink.net...

Old October 20th 05, 03:02 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Magic Mike" wrote:

Thanks Judy, Nice to keep up on things.

Magic Mike

Well, Mike, long time no see! It's great to see you back here again --
don't be a stranger, but take care of yourself.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education