Stained Glass Cement

Old February 20th 21, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nicole hansen

Default Stained Glass Cement

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 9:38:01 AM UTC-7, Chemo the Clown wrote:
On Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 3:41:37 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Friday, September 11, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Rhonda Dzanski wrote:

You do realize that this thread is about 16 years old?
What is the best homemade recipe for cement to use in lead panels?

Michael Greer's comment on reusing whiting that has been used on previous panels, then sifted. When I was at Goddard & Gibbs Stained Glass Studio, cementer John Kerwin tried to reuse whiting in his new cement mixture and felt that it failed. It lost strength.

Ginger

thanks for the recipe, I keep forgetting how to mix it.

Hi All,

Maybe no one will ever see this, but I just wanted to thank Albert Lewis for the detailed cement comment. I did some pretty deep research to find this page and it does not disappoint (unlike the other online cement resources)..

Potter Glass painting stained glass manual 1880 FA JaneyP Marketplace 0 February 15th 06 01:22 AM
just stained glass? Will Woodard Glass 34 November 4th 05 07:29 AM
just stained glass Will Woodard Glass 7 September 24th 05 01:30 AM
stained glass? Liam Striker Glass 7 November 4th 03 05:43 AM