Hug Quilt Pati update

Old November 18th 11, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Default Hug Quilt Pati update

On Nov 12, 7:08*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
Is that the one that was quilted so poorly and then took many wonderful
hands a long time to pick out and then re-quilt?

I'm afraid I bowed out of swaps/hugs etc on this group a long while ago
when some round robin quilts went missing. *Just seemed too frustrating
to put all that work in only to have someone keep it all for themselves.
They were awfully fun but eventually the irritation of failure exceeded
the fun when things went well.

marcella

I too felt discouraged after that mini round robin went missing and I
do
believe it was at the same location as the present quilt. I guess I
just
got burned out. I love the idea of the "hugs" they do lift the spirits
of
those contributing and receiving when all goes well. However, when
the items go missing I felt extremely sad. I have enough sadness to
deal with, so I don't participate any longer.
Bonnie
NJ
Old November 18th 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

If we're talking about the same round robin quilt going missing, it
didn't get lost at the same place as the current quilt. I received it
from Pati and sent it on to the next person (in Minnesota, if I remember
correctly), and I think that's where it stopped.

Pati did a beautiful job on all the RRs we worked on together, and the
only one that was delayed a bit was mine, but she stayed in
communication with me so I knew what was going on. It was the final
found, and it was worth the wait! That's why it's so difficult to
understand why we haven't heard from her with regard to the Hug for Rep.
Giffords - it just isn't like her, based on the experience I had in the
past. Sad!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Hug Quilt Pati update Sandy E Quilting 0 November 16th 11 08:43 PM
Hug Quilt update Butterflywings Quilting 2 November 11th 08 03:26 AM
Jody's Hug Quilt Update -- Quilt finished and being shipped Michelle in NJ Quilting 5 March 31st 05 01:51 AM